finally | adam cole

finally

pairing: adam cole x fem!reader

prompt: #13 leaning into your lover's touch, their fingers tracing down your stomach, their body pressed against yours & #14 a tender kiss to your lover's chest

genre: general

warning: none

word count: 1.9k

author's note: nonnie i am so sorry this took so long, but better late than never, right?

♡°.•°♡•.°.♡●.°.•♡○.°•.♡.•○°♡•.°♡

it has been a long day for you. not only have you been busy, it is a pay-per-view day after all, so everyone was busy, but it also seemed like today, whatever can go wrong will go wrong.

for one, you got stuck in traffic which then lead to you missing your flight, and if there was something you hated, it's being late -- that was something you two had in common. now because of this, you also landed in chicago very late.

thankfully, you were already quite close friends with the bucks so the moment where you texted them that you might not make it in time for the beginning  of the pay-per-view could have gone more awkward.

and if you weren't late then, the taxi driver driving you to the hotel got lost as well. you spent forty minutes circling the area for the hotel when it should have just been twenty.

the day has barely started, but you were already spent, both physically and mentally.

much to your gratitude, you didn't encounter any loss of direction or traffic when you were being driven to the arena, and you were even more thankful to the fact that even if you had arrived late, the women's casino battle royale that you were set to participate in has not started yet. you wouldn't know what to do with yourself if you didn't make it. you weren't doing so well in the division lately, your win-loss record looking unimpressive and non intimidating, you've lost your last five matches in under fifteen minutes. you looked at this battle royale as redemption, to prove that you were truly as elite as the other women in the aew locker room.

though the pay-per-view has already started, there was still a few more matches before yours begun so this meant that you had a pretty sufficient amount of time to prepare.

even if it proved to be challenging, you didn't let the irritating events that transpired earlier negatively affect your mindset. instead, you used it as fuel to help your fire rage on. you stretched and mentally prepared yourself as usual, making sure that you were not only in good physical shape, but also in absolutely the best headspace to win the battle royale, get the chance to have a match with britt baker, and ultimately win the aew women's championship.

much like the other women that night, you didn't engage in a lot of conversation. you were just focused on winning that match, and winning that match only. it didn't matter that you asked adam to be there, but he said he was too busy that he couldn't. nevermind that. win or lose, he would probably invite you to facetime, where he would either celebrate with you, or comfort you while you stuffed your face with ice cream in defeat.

and it seemed that the latter was going to be the one that will happen because you didn't win.

figuratively, it's because ruby soho had too much momentum behind her, basically having the crowd in the palm of her hands, but in a literal sense, you had too much momentum behind you. when she was staggered and only holding on the ropes after you delivered a picture perfect panama sunrise, you ran at her with all that you had, arm outstretched as you were planning to clothesline her out of the ring, she ducked, pulling the top rope down with her. you couldn't stop yourself or even slow down and you tumbled out of the ring, hitting your head on the apron while you're at it.