from a christmas trip (i have received a gift) | kenny omega

pairing: kenny omega x reader

plot: stranded in an airport with kenny, you decide to play twenty questions.

genre: humor

warning: one (1) swear word at the end

author's note: ... kenny please be my first kiss too, pls & tnx.

votes, likes, and reblogs appreciated!

♡°○.•♡○.°○.♡○°.♡●•.○°♡•.°.°♡

kenny was full on belly laughing now, a complete one eighty of how he was just a few minutes ago when it was announced via the airport intercom that flights were delayed due to the heavy snowstorm that december would always give.

you were supposed to catch a flight from quebec to manitoba so you could spend the christmas time with him -- he found out that you spent christmas alone and was absolutely appalled at the mere thought of anyone being alone on the special day. it was his idea. and then the snowstorm happened and the flight was out. obviously, you tried to think of another way to get to his home state, but the roads were too icy and snowy to navigate too.

you tried your best to sweet talk the police officer who stopped you once you both got to the car to no avail. even as you nearly got down on your knees to beg, he still didn't budge. "i'm sorry, but the roads are just too dangerous to navigate right now. we'll let a few hours pass and see what happens, okay? it's christmas season. we want to lessen the number of accidents as much as possible."

so with the bitter taste of defeat on your tongues and the weariness weighed down your shoulders, you walked back to the airport shivering, the picture of christmas hardships weather-wise, complete with a red nose. "at least we're together!" you chimed at your friend, trying to make him feel better. the huge frown on his face and slight pout on his pretty pink lips didn't suit him -- he was adorable, of course, he always was, but a sad expression like that isn't one you wanted him to wear. ever.

"'m sorry." he grumbled, laying down on another thick parka he got from his suitcase and resting his head on your chest. "i shouldn't have invited you out here. i knew how bad the snow gets around this time. i'm sorry."

"ken! 's alright! you wanted me to spend the most wonderful time of the year with you! how can i complain, bub? besides, it's not like we're gonna be stuck here forever." you said, flashing him a bright smile and ruffling up his curly hair from under his black beanie.

"i swear, i can't make this up. it was hilarious, [y/n]. i wish you were there to see it." he smiled, shaking his head and looking down at you in his lap. the sparkle of life was back in his shining blue orbs and you were glad.

he told you about something that happened one time when he was in japan, exactly a year before he met you. apparently him and the bucks were horsing around in a public playground at night so there wasn't anyone around. at some point, nick was walking to and fro on the seesaw and he was going down the slide which was way too small for him when all of a sudden, they hear a crack followed by a thud. matt was playing on the monkey bars upside down, hanging on by the back of his knees which were bent around the bar when all of a sudden, it broke sending him down on the pavement. thankfully he didn't land on his neck and didn't have to be hospitalized, but somewhere in the darkness, they heard a whistle and nick loudly called out "the po-po!" and ran. because he was still dazed, matt couldn't run as fast as his other friends. the older buck couldn't even run in a straight line so nick and kenny lifted him off of the ground and into an empty shopping cart they found randomly and ran for their lives.

"we actually filmed that for being the elite. obviously, we didn't know we were gonna get chased by the police, but yeah. it was shot on nick's iphone. i wonder if he still has it." he snickered. then he turned to you. "my turn to ask a question."

you looked at him expectantly. at this point, you were so close you didn't feel as if you had anything to hide from him. "okay, what do you wanna know?" that all changed soon enough. "when did you have your first kiss?"

you debated on lying and telling him you lost it during your fifth grade to some random person in your class. the thing was, kenny knew you too well. he would be able to tell when you were lying. and even if he wasn't, the blush on your cheeks is a tell on its own. so instead, your hand drifted to the back of your neck. "never had it."

his eyes widened in surprise, similar to the way his eyes would dilate when he saw a random cat on the street and you'd take on the responsibility of being the mature friend and pull him away. "you're too busy to have one!"

"seriously?" he expressed in disbelief. "no way. you're too attractive to not have had your first kiss yet."

you deadpanned at him. "and why would i lie about that? 'ts embarrassing." you mumbled the past part into your palms, hiding your face in your hands. "and besides, if i'm so attractive, why don't you kiss me?"

"are you serious? because i'll do it." he gave you a look, no traces of joking or teasing. he was as serious as he said he was.

at that moment, you said fuck it and leaned up to connect your lips with his.