pretty | trent?

pairing: trent? x reader

prompt: #42 braiding the other's hair

genre: general

warning: none

word count: 1.1k

author's note: this is my first trent fic brought to you by the lovely tumblr anon! thank you for requesting!

♡•°.°♡°.•♡.°♡.•°♡.°•.♡.•.°♡.•.°♡

at last, the van pulled up to the hotel. there was nothing you wanted more than to pass out in your hotel room right about now. to say that you were exhibiting would be a complete and utter understatement.

due to airline trouble, your flight has been delayed and because  of traffic in the city that you were currently in, you couldn't even afford to look at the beautiful sights that it offered or go to the shopping mall to hang out there. you had to sit in the airport lobby for two hours for the fear of missing the plane. even worse, you weren't in the same flight as kris, orange, chuck, or trent who were all together.

instead, after the plane landed, you all met up at a nearby cafe. it turns out that their flight also got postponed, just like yours. you had to stop yourself from muttering a "at least you guys were together". you didn't want to seem mean and accidentally take out your frustrations on your best friends.

on the brighter side of things, you had rented a van and had a driver to escort you to the hotel. bless trent for thinking of it. none of you liked driving - or doing anything, really - when you were fresh off of a flight so needless to say, it was one of his smartest ideas.

the drive there could have been worse, really. nothing bad actually happened, you were just still pretty annoyed from the airport mishap and rathered to not be in a car full of rowdy people.

you bit your tongue as kris kept on giving you boops, thinking it would erase the crease in your forehead caused by the distress - you knew she meant well - as well as chuck and trent going at it in the backseat. every second was passed with the pair singing along to the songs on the radio - you probablt wouldn't have minded if their singing wasn't painfully off key - and if they weren't doing that, they would be arguing over the simplest things, like whether ketchup or mustard is better, if a hotdog was a sandwich or not, and why goofy was on two feet while pluto was not even though they're both dogs, just to name a few.

thank god for orange cassidy.

you were one of the last ones to gather your bags from the trunk. chuck, who was way too energetic in your opinion, was the first one, then kris, then you helped orange with his luggage then you and trent.

groggily, you walked over to the receptionist's desk, the first three having already gotten the keys to their rooms and were just waiting for both of you.

"reservation for [y/l/n], please" the man typed on his computer, then bit his lip. he looked up at you with an apologetic expression in his eyes, one that you did not like. "i'm truly sorry. i'm afraid we do not have a reservation under that name."

the words repeated in your head,  once, twice, thrice again before it sank in to you. "but i reserved a room under that name! the transaction's already occured! can you please check again?" with a tremendous amount of effort, you kept yourself together. if something had gone wrong, it wasn't the employee's fault and it wouldn't be fair to the man if you had subjected him to your bottled up wrath.

he repeated the process, typing in his computer and it filled you with frustration when the apologetic expression returned to his eyes just like it had earlier. "i apologize but unfortunately, there's really nothing.".

uncharacteristically, you gritted your teeth before wanting to ask for his manager. you already had an annoying day. you were not about to go outside and go hotel hunting at six in the evening.

trent waved you off though, asking for his room - one they had a reservation for, something you were a bit bitter about - "c'mon [y/n], i know you're tired, we can have a sleepover in my room." he said it so casually, the words thrown over his shoulder as he walked to where your other friends were, your eyes widened though staring at his back. "a-are you sure? you don't have to"

trent shushed you in response. "i don't wanna hear a peep. it's no big deal."

with a grateful smile - probably the first smile of that day, but possibly not the last - you joined the four in the empty elevator, giving the people what they want and hugging trent. "thank you so much!"

"don't mention it!" he hugged you back and petted your hair as the elevator doors closed and it ascended.

once you got to your room - or trent's room, more accurately - you could feel relief that your stressful day was finally over. basking in the ambiance of a warm hotel room, you felt like you could melt into a content puddle right then and there.

your roommate's voice shook you out of your daze. "i can sleep on the couch or on the floor. i don't really mind." and you knew exactly what he meant.

the wrestler life wasn't as glamorous as social media made it out to be and there were times, especially at the start where you were thankful for a company booking you a hotel room, though sometimes that meant you were sharing with nine other guys and some people would have to take the couch or hotel. it wasn't a foreign concept to either of you.

what was a foreign concept though, is when the person who the room actually belongs to is the one to sleep on the floor so you couldn't agree to that. "no way! i'll take it, or we could sleep in the bed together."

with a shrug, he agreed. "both of us in the bed then."

so you slept besides each other, you facing the left and him the opposite. really, the hardest part was falling asleep which was unusual and unwelcomed. you had such a rough day, weren't you supposed to be knocked out the second your head hit the bed? it didn't make much sense, to say the least.

absentmindedly, you turned around to face his back, your hand drifting up to take a small portion of hair and separating it into three strands, beginning to plait it.

until you fell asleep, the only sound you heard was his hum of approval with a mumble of "pretty me up, [y/n]"

but he was already pretty.