riot van | jon moxley

pairing: jon moxley x doll (fem!oc)

plot: based on the song riot van by arctic monkeys

genre: general

warning: swearing (this is moxley we're talking about here)

word count: 3.8k

author's note: do i listen to anything except arctic monkeys? no.

♡°.♡°.•♡.•°♡.°.♡•.°♡°.•°♡.°♡.•♡

doll really had no idea how she always managed to get herself into these kinds of situations. she knew that she was smarter than this, that she's better than this, yet here she is, sneaking off from her room once again.

clad in a black hoodie, jeans and her signature dirty and worn out black converse, she slowly pushed the door open as to not make any sound, before peeking through the crack to see if anyone else was up. the loud snores that came from her parents' room was the only thing that was heard through the hallways. this meant that her brother, who usually spent the majority of his time screaming at a phone while he plays video games, was also asleep now.

a sigh of relief was breathed in and out of her mouth before she tiptoed out of her room, immediately stopping and freezing at even the slightest of sounds - a floorboard creaking, her parents shifting in bed, the old wood of their bedframe groaning, an owl hooting too loudly from the outside, she even swore that she could hear a leaf land on the roof given how tense she was - she had no idea why she did that though. if anything if there was any sign of her parents waking up, she should bolt right back into her room like a bat out of hell so they wouldn't catch her red-handed. nevertheless, it was how her body reacted and it wasn't like that reaction ever failed her when she would somehow get herself into an unavoidable sticky situation.

she was making progress with her sneaky roaming throughout the house but, from her position on the staircase, she could faintly hear gentle clatters against the window and she couldn't help but silently curse at the familiar sound. tap tap tap. "dammit moxley." tap tap tap.

it was him throwing pebbles at her windows, this time, wanting to remind her about the promise she made earlier for them to hang out.

she couldn't blame moxley, of course she couldn't. reason number one, they've been having a really busy week with school and haven't really been able to hang out in a while because of that. the only time they talked was during recess or lunch and even then, their minds weren't fully there with everything that was going on. especially with doll being the overthinker that she is, her mind was always elsewhere when she's surrounded by noise, chatter and clutter.

the schoolwork that was being handed out to them was massive. it seemed like once one batch of schoolwork was over with, another, bigger batch was delivered with a smile and a kiss of death. it was a vicious cycle that seemingly chewed the students up and spit them out, but that was the system. as hard as it is to believe given her latest outings, doll really isn't one to not pass an assignment or a project. in fact, she has made it a goal to not pass them past the deadline either.

now that this stream of school work has seemed like it has stopped, or at least for a while, the duo are going to milk it and take this time to talk to each other and catch up on all of the things they've missed out on during the past few days. besides, they needed the rest and the relaxation and being in each other's company always provided moxley and doll with both of those.

and reason number two, doll and moxley have known each other since kindergarten but she is not able to remember a time where she was able to resist the chesirecat-like grin that was permanently etched on his face. whether it was him doing something that upset doll - it didn't matter if it was on purpose or on accident - or offering her a tempting plan - a risky, dangerous plan, but a tempting plan nevertheless - she could never say no to that face, she's ninety nine percent sure that he was blessed with a face that can get him out of anything just with a look with that smile and those eyes. her favorite smile was the one moxley reserved just for her but this one, another one that she saw way too often, was a second favorite.