nightmares | kenny omega

pairing: kenny omega x reader

plot: reader has a nightmare that has them whimpering in their sleep.

genre: an attempt at angst and fluff

warning: cheating, implied smut, swearing

word count: 3.1k

author's note: i am so sorry to the people that requested but this is what my sad, little sleep deprived brain wanted to write first. matt fic hopefully coming soon!

♡°.○•°♡●°•.○♡•.○°♡°.○.♡○.°•.●♡

it's been a while since you saw kenny. he's had so much on his plate lately. interviews and podcasts, aew's video game, evp duties, and wrestler duties are only the top of the iceberg for your boyfriend. to make it a bit easier on himself and his body, he told you that he wanted to stay in florida for a while, just so he wouldn't have to travel as much and you agreed. you've been with him since his days with new japan pro-wrestling where you would be separated for a much longer amount of time. a few days without kenny would be a piece of cake.

you counted the days that passed by, hoping to see kenny again soon but his date of arrival to finally come home kept on getting pushed back.

"tony said he's planning on signing someone so there's probably gonna be more meetings. i'll wait for a few days and if he doesn't say that i'm needed, i'll come back home, okay baby? i miss you." a few more days.

"yeah tony needed us to help with paperwork and stuff with the new signee." a week.

"adam and the bucks wanted to hang out, you don't mind, don't you? thanks babe. you're the best." two weeks.

it seemed like there was always another reason as to why he couldn't come home. your suspicions were further raised when other excuses came.

"something didn't go according to plan with the video game, babe. i don't want to bore you with the tech talk so i'll just leave you with that." but you were also into video games? he couldn't bore you with talking about video games. you've spent many hours with him just talking about those things. you didn't push the subject anymore, though and accepted it. maybe he was too tired to explain. a month.

"yeah um, i'm gonna be on wrestling observer radio and a couple of other podcasts. being the champ isn't easy, you know?" he said with a chuckle. you wished him luck, then waited a couple of days. there was no podcast. you checked dave meltzer's twitter, no mention of kenny in his podcast. you even checked reddit, kenny wasn't on a podcast and wasn't scheduled - to public knowledge, anyway - to be on a podcast. nevertheless, you just smiled and nodded and pretended everything was fine. two months now.

you weren't getting anywhere with this so you decided to book a flight to jacksonville to visit kenny. something was up and you didn't know what it was. maybe he's getting sick of you? maybe you're too enthusiastic and he's tired of being around you? maybe you're just too much for him to handle, or just too much, period. you had no idea. you trusted him though, that maybe he's only been that way because he's stressed, that's what you thought was the most likely option. now that you've thought about it, even in the past, kenny sometimes gets a bit.. weird.. whenever he gets stressed. this is probably no different.

my poor baby

excitement filled you once you've landed and the warm heat of the florida sun hit you. nevermind that it was burning you, you put on sunscreen, or that it was humid. you were seeing kenny today!

finally coming to the realization that kenny has probably been acting weird because of the stress on his shoulders, you decided to go to the nearest mall and go shop for things that may help him relax.