oh brother | k. omega

Pairing: Kenny Omega x female OC (Pumpkin), Jon Moxley x OC (Brotherly love)

Plot/Prompt: Pumpkin and Kenny have been dating for two years now, yet her brother Jon was never aware that his sister was dating his greatest enemy.

Genre: Angst-ish

Warning: Swearing, fighting, a dash of violence, kayfabe's dead

Word Count: 2.5k

Author's Note: Takes place before Full Gear 2019. Wrote this a while ago but I like it so I decided to post it here.

-

The bright sunlight slowly but surely peaked through the hotel curtains causing Pumpkin to wake up from her peaceful slumber, still engulfed in the strong arms of her boyfriend since two years ago, Kenny Omega. 

She smiled fondly at the man next to her and brought his forehead to her lips in a kiss then reached out to get her phone to check the time, the white illuminating numbers reading 7:45 am making Pumpkin swear loudly and Kenny to wake up.

“Pumpkin, what's wrong?” he asked in a concerned voice. “I have to grab breakfast with Jon at eight o'clock and it’s already seven forty five!” she exclaimed, rapidly tossing her already messy black curly hair to a messy bun. That'll suffice she thought to herself.

Pumpkin was never the one to finish getting ready first to say the least so needless to say, taking a “quick” shower or putting on makeup was not in the cards.

“Mmm, you better get ready then, I'll be here, comfortable and happy and stress-free, not needing to keep my wonderful, amazing, loving relationship a secret from my crazy brother” Kenny said snuggling more into the soft pillows and spreading his limbs to all four corners of the hotel bed while she quite literally ran to her suitcase and putting on the first thing her hands touched, an AEW shirt and her Young Bucks sweatpants.

“First of all, don’t call him that again or I'll do him a favor and kick your ass even before Full Gear to soften you up for him and second, wow baby, I’m shocked, here I thought you would tell me to ditch him and just keep on cuddling with you. That’s ice cold Ken” she said, her hand over her heart in mock hurt.

“Sorry Pumpkin but that's just how life is sometimes, still love you though” he winked making her roll her eyes and kiss him on the lips. “Bye baby, I'll be back soon, I love you and please, don’t get yourself into a stupid mess while I’m gone” she pleaded playfully then picked up her wallet, keys and her phone.

“I love you too, stay safe, although for that last one, I'll try for you but don’t get your hopes up.” He grinned.

“I’m serious Kenneth, bye” she said before walking out the door and jogging to the little café her brother, Jon Moxley texted her about yesterday night.

-

“Pumpkin Spice Latte! There you are! Thought you would never show up!” the fellow Ohioan said as he embraced his sister “Missed you” he muttered into her hair as she hugged him back just as tight. “I missed you too Moxley. How long has it been?”

“Maybe a little too long, I missed my fun-sized Pumpkin Spice”

With that, they walk into the building and order some food and get right into talking.

“So, how are you? How's Renee?” Pumpkin asked her brother. She was always fond of her sister-in-law, often telling her stories about “The Absurd Adventures of Pumpkin and Jonathan”, as it was called along with some horrifyingly embarrassing incidents in Jon's life which never fails to make Renee laugh and Jon to quietly curl up in shame and wish that he hadn't invited his sister over.