curiosity becomes a heavy load, too heavy to hold | k. omega

curiosity becomes a heavy load, too heavy to hold (will force you to be cold)

pairing: kenny omega x reader

plot: kenny's been really distant lately. was it because he's busy or something else entirely?

genre: angst

warning: possible cheating (neither confirmed nor denied), mentions of knives and blood as a metaphor

word count: 2k

author's note: i'm not really too happy with this. usually i cry really easily, but this didn't make me cry. i don't know if it's because i'm just going through a phase of being unable to be sad and cry (those happens to me sometimes) or if this just.. sucks.. i want y'alls honest opinion (i am dead serious. you can tell me on anon if you want)

if this is actually bad, i'll probably take a break. maybe my mind just needs to recharge or something since i've been writing so much. idk.

votes, likes, and reblogs appreciated!

♡•.○.°♡°•.○°♡●.•°.○♡•°.○°♡○.•°♡

you frowned when kenny slipped out of the house without saying those three words back to you. it was so unlike him. to be completely honest, he's been different for a few weeks now. your only guess as to why was because he's been busy. you've never questioned him about it, mostly because you really did believe it was only because he was busy and nothing else and if that were the case, you didn't want to stress him out further with your prodding and probing. instead, you sat back and let him take his time, sat back and made him his favorite meal to help your boyfriend destress, and sat back and let him be the one to approach you first.

but he never did.

what worried you was the fact that he seemed completely normal when hanging out with everyone else, with his friends, with his coworkers, and with the new girl alisa -- the newest member of the health team in aew. you wondered if the reason why that is was because he only felt comfortable to be so vulnerable with you and no one else. that was the most probable reason, so you decided that tomorrow, you'd be talking to him finally and asking what was wrong with him, if he was secretly going through something and needed your support, or if the pressure was getting too much on his shoulders. after all, you know your boyfriend is strong - physically and mentally-wise, but there was only so much one person can take.

that night, you ran him a bath with rose petals and your best bath bomb. you sat at the edge of the tub and scratched along his scalp -- something you knew he loved. often times, he'd fall asleep to you doing that and if you stopped too soon, he'd be whining for you and nuzzling into your hand, missing the way your nails feel as they're running through his curls. one day, you told him doing that were running his hair, separating one curl from the other. he said he didn't care, that it felt too good, too comfortable and he didn't have it in him to ask you to stop.

and that was still the case. the only difference was that there was less talking now. usually while his eyes were closed in bliss, he'd be muttering about how nice it felt, how he'd love to pay for your nails just because that's probably feel better. then he'd open his eyes and tell you the sweetest of sweet nothings.

tonight, there was none of that. the only sound that could be heard was the water in the tub and the sound of kenny's hair being fiddled with. the silence wasn't awkward though, or at least that's what you thought.

at random times, you'd ask him a question about his day, how it went, if he got more good news than bad news. he didn't act like he was very interested, responding in one word answers you can't respond to because, well, they were so simple you couldn't strike up a conversation with them.