oops? | matt jackson

oops

pairing: matt jackson x reader

prompt: #16 an accidental kiss that confuses you both, but only a moment pass before you crash your lips back against each other's

genre: general

warning: brief mention of alcohol

word count: 3k

author's note: okay this actually took me so long to write. i just wasn't able to get inspiration for it for some reason, but anyways, here it is in all its glory. enjoy anon!

♡°.•.♡.°.•°♡•.°♡.°.○♡•.●°♡.•°●♡

with adam cole being all elite wrestling's newest signee, it was safe to say that the elite was back together and stronger than ever. not to say that you were losing your spark in the last few months, but the presence of your returning friend definitely reignited something in you and you saw that it wasn't just you. kenny, matt, nick, heck, even the good brothers and don who wasn't even that close to him in the first place had a new swagger in their walk as a result.

some of the main guys in your group, that being kenny and the young bucks were not really known to be party goers as they were straight-edge and not that social but, you had made it a priority to at least have a bit of a get-together with the elite. it would be just as fun as any other party but only members of the super elite would be invited. once you brought up that idea to them, they were estatic and said that they couldn't wait for it to come to fruition, exciting you further.

during that day, much to don's disapproval, you weren't able to focus much on your matches and segments, not being able to fully cheer your boys on because you couldn't help but already plan some of the things for the party like where it would be held, what kind of snacks would be served, what kind of overall vibe you would want it to have. something you were sure about though, was that it wasn't going to be a boring office party, or a formal black tie occasion - though you did know kenny was quite fond of his suits in the past few months - you wanted it to be casual, while also seeming luxurious and worthy for a king -- well kings, actually. during that night, you talked to matt until midnight about everything him and the boys wanted - he knew them well enough, after all - for the party. although halfway through the conversation, it had taken a more personal turn and it wasn't just about the party anymore. you were still able to pick up bits and pieces of information you could use for the get-together, though.

you spent so long planning, sparing no expense. you were either putting your all into doing this, or you weren't doing it at all. you decided against the latter. you jot down everything matt said that the boys - along with him - would enjoy and you were absolutely using all of those information when setting everything up.

in your hunt for the perfect place for it to be held at, you stumbled across a diamond in the rough, a penthouse in los angeles that was inexpensive compared to the ones located near it. you dug more into this and found out that a lot of the cost were the mini bars and the staggering amount of liquor they stored. the penthouse you were eyeing up didn't lack alcohol per-se, but it just had a smidge less of it compared to the other ones.

you thought of the drinkers in the elite, there was still a lot of drinks in the penthouse you wanted and besides, it wasn't like they could drink that much you thought as you stared at one of the photos of the building. that was just flat out unhealthy, and even if they technically could drink that much, since you prided yourself on being a good friend, you wouldn't let them.

you dialed the contact number that was listed at the bottom of the website and had a pleasant conversation with the man on the other side of the line. you were able to rent the penthouse for three days, smooth out the payments, as well as the few do's and don't's they had. you couldn't decide whether you thought it was because celebrities who passed by there either liked to party hard, or if there were no celebrities who wanted to go there so they made a very small rule list to make it more appealing.