Hundred Forty Two

a/n: happy new years guys!! 2021 better be better :( .. also wanna give a huge thank you to all of you guys who support me! i know these last few months i've been so terrible with updating and it seemed off. i promise i'm getting back on track. you guys showed me so much support and how much you guys care about me! so thank you so much and i love you guys!!

also: how do you guys feel about time jumps? jw.

**

"So. Do you think he's gonna lose all rights?"

Benjamin shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know. But, I heard them on the phone last night and he and Anna made up. Think they're gonna try and fight it."

Gabi shakes her head. "That doesn't make any sense. If he doesn't like you being gay and dating Noah, then why bother to try and keep rights?"

"I'm almost eighteen and I feel like we should just let it be, you know? Who cares about all that shit, legally I won't have to stay with either of them."

"He's so weird. He has too much power and it irritating."

"I just...Jade, his stepdaughter, told me she might be gay. I don't want him having rights over her? What if he does that same thing?"

"Oh damn. But the case is only about you, right?"

"I'm not completely sure. Couldn't all his rights be terminated? Like all together?"

"I'm not sure either."

Noah walks upstairs into his bedroom, smiling at the two. "Hey. There's some tamales downstairs if you guys are hungry."

Gabi smiles. "So that's what smells so good?"

"Yeah. My dad's trying to start selling food but so far business is running slow. There are some leftovers."

Gabi nods her head. "I'll take some home. I should probably get going anyway."

Benjamin looks up. "Why? Going to the Prada store with your dad?" He jokes.

Gabi stands up and smiles. "Hm. More like he leaves his credit card with me and I go by myself. Talk later?"

"Yeah. Bye Gabs."

Gabi waves by as she grabs her purse off of Noah's chair and walks downstairs. Noah smiles and closes his bedroom door, laying down next to Benjamin.

"What we're gonna guys talking about?"

"Just the case and stuff. I'm probably gonna ask Zach about it since it's his field of work."

"What time you want me to bring you home?"

"Hm. Whenever you feel like it."

Noah smiles at sits up. He throws an arm around Benjamin's shoulders and leans into him to kiss him once. He pulls away, the smile still on his face.

Benjamin looks up, squinting his eyes. "What was that for?"

"No reason. Just wanted to kiss you."

Benjamin giggles and leans back in before pulling away. "Mm. Me too."

**
Benjamin walks into his house and sees his mom sitting with Zach. "Hi."

The couple looks over and smiles. "Hey, Benny. Come over here, sit."

Benjamin sets his bag down on the floor to walk over to them. He sits down next to his mom. "So, what's up?"

"Zach has offered to put up the money for the entire court case. We can get into seeing a lawyer within the next week. But...Only if you want to."

Benjamin nods his head. "Uhm. Wh-What would I have to do, exactly?"

Zach sits up. "Well, you can choose to testify against your father, but it's not required. You can also choose to speak to the judge privately."

Olivia nods her head. "But, I will be testifying against your father, and he'd be doing the same."

Benjamin nods and bites his lip anxiously. "What about...Just being emancipated from him? Couldn't I do that?"

Zach shrugs his shoulders. "That can't work. Emancipation would terminate your mother and father's rights. It would be easier to prove your father unfit."

"What does that mean for his stepchildren? Do his rights get taken away from them as well?"

"Depending on the way he treats his stepchildren and the way he acts around them, it may have no effect on them. Plus, he's not technically their father because he and Anna aren't married yet."

Benjamin nods and then furrows his brows. "What about his biological kid? Anna is pregnant."

"I'm not sure it's all depending on what the judge decides."

Olivia smiles at Zach and looks back to Benjamin. She places her hand on his back. "What do you wanna do?"

"I know this sounds stupid but...Can I think about it?"

"Sure, honey. Anything else you need?"

Benjamin nods his head. "Can you take me to see him? Dad? I just want to...Try and speak to him."

Olivia's eyes widen. "Are you sure?"

"Mhm."

**
Anna opens the door to see Benjamin, with Olivia and Zach standing behind him. She gives a small smile before letting them in.

"Honey? They're here!"

Benjamin takes a seat on the couch, crossing his legs. Zach and Olivia sit on either side of him and he smiles at them.

Damien sits in front of them, "What's going on? Staging an intervention?"

Benjamin looks up at his dad and shakes his head. "I just wanted to talk to you."

"You had to bring an audience?"

Benjamin lets out an irritated sigh, annoyed at his dads' immature behavior.

"I just wanted to ask why. Why you treat your stepkids with so much respect and love...But when you look at me you don't see anything."

"Cut the bullshit, Benjamin. I've done so much for you!"

"That doesn't dismiss the fact that you sued to abuse me, Dad! Every single day like it was nothing!"

"Excuse me? I don't abuse you! I punished you, Benjamin. Kids get punished, I needed to teach you right from wrong!"

Benjamin shakes his head and crosses his arms. "Abuse is the right word. You don't but your kids in the face and leave bruises and down their bodies. You wanna punish somebody? Then send them to their fucking room."

Damien scoffs. "You always try and make yourself the victim it's-."

"And when did being gay become wrong, huh? I-I'm sorry that you were conditioned to believe that it's a sin, but honestly...I think you just needed an excuse to be an asshole."

"Watch your mouth. I'm your father-."

"And I'm your son!", Benjamin shouts. "Why are you so fucking angry at me all that time? Do you think I like arguing with you? All I ever wanted was fucking support, dad."

Benjamin shakes his head and laughs to himself. "What was I thinking? I actually thought maybe you'd hear me out. So fucking stupid."

Benjamin gets up from where he was sitting, wiping his eyes with both hands as he walked back out to get into Zach's car.

Olivia looks over at Zach. "Damien...I hope one day you can finally look at Benjamin and show genuine love for him. Cause no matter how much you hurt him...He still loves you."

**