Seventy Two

trigger warning: drug abuse
this next few chapters are kind of sensitive and i'm writing from my perspective/experience from taking these pills just in case anyone was wondering.

Elly and Noah were walking with each other when they saw Katen talking to Benjamin.

Noah shakes his head, walking over and grabbing Benjamin's arm. "Let's go".

Benjamin looks up at Noah, grabbing his arm. Elly was next to them, shaking her head. "Why's he's always fucking with you?"

Benjamin shrugs, "I don't know...Babe can you let go".

Noah raises his eyebrows and lets down immediately. "Fuck. I'm sorry".

"He wasn't saying much. Just regular threats, you didn't have to do all of that, Noah. I've was dealing with it just fine".

Noah furrows his brows, "Wow. I defend you and now you're giving me an attitude? Really?"

Benjamin shrugs, "You're just gonna cause more shit. Just leave it alone".

Benjamin walks off, going into the bathroom. Noah watches him and shakes his head. "I'm so confused. That makes absolutely no sense".

Elly shrugs, "Maybe he's having a bad day. Or maybe Katen said something to him".

*
Lucas laughs awkwardly, "I'm sorry. I know we made plans to do homework and study together but my mom couldn't cancel today for work".

Tatiyana smiles and nods, "I don't mind".

Lucas smiles, walking over and sitting down next to her, Imani in her hands.

Tatiyana smiles at her, "She's adorable. So, why does your mom work two jobs?"

Lucas looks down at Imani, shrugging. "My dad left when Imani was born. A-at first he was sending in checks but after a few months he stopped".

Imani frowns, "Oh. I'm sorry...I didn't mean t-".

Lucas shakes his head, "No, it's fine. It's just...Kinda hard to do like anything after school. The only way I play basketball is Deondre, my moms' friend. He watches her sometimes".

"It's very sweet of you. Imani is lucky to have you as her big brother".

Lucas smiles and nods. "Yeah".

**
Benjamin was sitting at his kitchen island, trying to do his homework. His legs was bouncing up and down and he was biting at his nails.

He looks up from his textbook, looking at the medicine cabinet.

As said previously mentioned in this book, Benjamin had started taking antidepressants.

He shakes his head and looks back down to his homework. He receives a text from Noah and ignores it.

He shakes his head, closing his textbook and gets up to grab the pill bottle. He takes two right as his mom walks in. He wipes his lips, looking over.

"Hey, sweetheart. How was school?"

Benjamin turns around and smiles. "Uhm, it was fine. Noah might be coming over if that's fine?"

"Of course. I have to go out anyways. What are you working on?"

Benjamin walks back over to his textbook, humming. "Robotics. Competition is coming up and I'm trying to figure out what we're gonna build. We have a week for brainstorming and then we're gonna start blueprints and building".

Ms.Evans walks over, smiling. "When did my little boy get so smart? Definitely didn't get that from me".

Benjamin smiles and laughs, "Not dad either".

A few hours later, once Benjamin's mother had left, Noah decided to stop by.

They were in Benjamin's bedroom, watching a movie.

Noah shifts and sits up. Benjamin sits up as well, looking back at him. "What's up, baby?"

Noah pauses the movie and looks at him. "I just don't understand how you...Got mad at me. How are you not like..Worried something might happen to you?"

Benjamin shrugs, "I'm so over the fact that he's bullying me. Let him do it...You know?"

"And if something happens to you? Then what? It just doesn't matter?"

"I never said that. I just don't think you should be so worried if I'm not".

Noah stands up and shakes his head. "How could you say that? He almost fucked your hand up for life! H-He fucking beat you up so bad you couldn't speak one day!"

Benjamin shrugs, "He hasn't messed with me in almost a month. He's not as threatening as he was before so what does it matter?"

"What if something happens to you!? And I could've prevented it? Huh? That would haunt me so much! Knowing I could've saved you? If you ever got hurt I would never forgive myself-".

"Noah-".

"No! God, Benjamin, I fucking love you and if anything ever happened to you I wouldn't know how to act!"

Benjamin looks up at him, "You said-...What?"

Noah shakes his head, "I'm in love with you, Benjamin".

Benjamin tears up as Noah walks over to him. "I'm not trying to hurt your feelings but...I just...Can't see you get hurt".

Benjamin nods and they stare at each other for a few seconds before both leaning in for a kiss.

Benjamin pulls away and nods, "I love you too". Benjamin smiles, his leg still twitching.

Noah furrows his brows, grabbing his leg. "Hey, you okay?"

Benjamin nods and grabs his face. "Mhm".

**