Hundred Fifty Three

a/n: the second book is officially written out and the first ten chapters are in my drafts !!

**

With senior year, everyone was super busy with their own extracurriculars. Benjamin had taken an extra afternoon class for robotics.

Noah had started taking basketball a little more seriously, reaching out to every single scout that came by, hoping to land a scholarship to get through school.

His mom seemed to be getting sick but they didn't know what it was and weren't too worried.

Gabi had decided she wanted to follow her parents' career path and take over some of their businesses but still wanted to go to college to learn more in-depth about the business industry.

Elly also wanted to go pro with basketball. Jazmyne had settled on the fashion institute but didn't know the exact path she wanted to go down.

Lucas hadn't decided what he wanted to do and Tatiyana was also confused about what she wanted to do.

**
Benjamin opens his mailbox, grabbing a few of the envelopes that were sat in the mailbox.

He grabs them, sorting through seeing all kinds of mail. He opens the front door, walking into his house.

He looks up and smiles at Zach. "Hey. Where's Mom?"

"Bathroom. How was school, kid?"

"Meh. Senior year is boring I'm so ready to graduate already." Benjamin sits at a barstool next to Zach, setting the mail down on the table.

Zach smiles and looks back down at his work. "Noah still coming over?"

"Yeah, he had to go grab a change of clothes and gas up his car." Benjamin grabs an envelope, his eyes widening. "Oh my god."

Zach furrows his brows. "What's up, kid?"

"T-The...I got a letter from MIT. I-I didn't think they reach back so soon I-."

Zach smiles. "Livy! Come in here! Benny got a letter from MIT."

Olivia appears, her eyes wide. "What does it say?"

Benjamin shrugs his shoulders. "I don't know...I-I'm too scared to open it. What if I didn't get in? W-What if they rejected me-."

Olivia grabs it and starts to tear it open. Benjamin grabs it, shaking his head. "Stop! What're you doing?"

Olivia rolls her eyes. "Well, there's only one way to find out. I'll read it to you."

Benjamin let's go of the envelope, sitting back down next to Zach. He starts bouncing his leg up and down. He grabs Zach's hand, squeezing it causes Zach to laugh.

"On behalf of the Admissions Committee, it is my pleasure to offer you admission to the MIT class! You stood out as one of the most talented and promising students in one of MIT's most competitive applicant pools ever."

Benjamin shakes his head and grabs the paper from his mom, rereading what she had just read. He looks up at her, "Literally shut up!"

Olivia smiles and walks around the island to hug him. "Oh! I'm so proud of you, Benny! I knew you could get it!"

Benjamin hugs her back before pulling away to reread it for the second time. He shoves the paper in Zach's face, "Read it!"

Zach smiles and grabs the paper. "Wow! This is great, Benjamin!" He stands up and gives him a big hug.

*
"I'm proud of you, bebesita."

Benjamin smiles as he lifted off the ground, crushed in a big hug by Noah. "This is so nerve-racking, I can't believe it."

Benjamin pulls away and looks up at Noah, still smiling. "This has been my dream for years, babe." He looks back down at the letter.

Noah furrows his brows and grabs Benjamin's chin. "Where'd you just go, bebes?"

Benjamin looks back up and shrugs. "S-Should I tell my dad? I mean-... This is huge. I feel like he'd at least be a little happy?"

Noah shrugs his shoulders. "I-I dunno baby. You haven't spoken to him since...The big event. Do you wanna go there? What if he hurts your feelings again?"

Benjamin folds the letter back up and shakes his head. "Yeah, no...What am I thinking," Benjamin sighs, "Have you heard back from anywhere yet?"

Noah shakes his head. "I heard back from the University of California but my dad and I are gonna talk before I decide."

Benjamin nods and sits down on his bed. "We're gonna be pretty far apart."

Noah walks over to Benjamin, sitting down on the bed next to him. He reaches down and interlaces his fingers with Benjamins. "I mean, yeah. Doesn't change a thing. Doesn't change our love for each other."

Benjamin smiles at looks up at him. He leans in, kissing him on the lips. "I wonder what everyone else is gonna do."

"I can make a couple of bets."

Benjamin nods his head. "Alright. Give me your theories."

"Gabriella is smart. She's grown up around business all her life so she'll probably follow after her dad. Elly will more than likely move to New York...And Lucas...".

"What about Lucas?"

Noah chuckles and shrugs. "Best bet? He'll open a fucking donut shop or something."

Benjamin giggles and shakes his head. "Stop. Leave him alone."

**
Gabi was walking in the hallway with Benjamin by her side. "I'm nervous. I hate this year so much. I don't like being a senior."

Benjamin giggles and grabs a hold of her arm. "Calm down, Gabi. Everything is gonna be fine, trust me."

"I'm not doubting that it's just-...Fuck, it's like everything is right in your face and-...God, we're all alone next year and we're gonna have bills and pay taxes and...."

Benjamin stops walking and pulls Gabi to the side of the hallway so they don't cause any traffic.

"Woah, Gabs, are you okay?"

"I think I'm anxious. But I'm fine...No totally, I'm okay, I'm just nervous."

Benjamin nods his head. "So you've said. Just, take a breathe, and take it day by day. You're freaking yourself out."

Gabi nods and takes a deep breath, smiling. "Sorry."

Benjamin shakes his head and smiles back, pulling on her arm so they'd start walking again. "It's okay. I get it, trust me."

**