Sixty Seven

Elly wakes up, yawning. She grabs her glasses before walking into the kitchen, seeing her family. Isabella smiles, "Morning Tía".

Elly smiles, "Morning. What's wrong with you?" She walks over to Maya. Maya looks up frowning, "Mama yelled at me".

Elly hums, kissing her forehead. "It's okay. Where is everyone?"

Isabella smiles, "Mommy is with Lola. Abuelita went bathroom. Can you take us to the park later?"

Elly shrugs, "Maybe. I don't know. I have school, so do you".

Eva walks out, smiling. "Hey, Elly. Can you grab her really quick?"

Elly walks over, grabbing Lola. Ana walks in, rolling her eyes at Elly. Eva smiles, "Hey. Elly. Can you watch the girls Friday?"

"I thought she was going to?"

Eva looks over to her mom, shrugging. Elly chuckles and shakes her head, "Really? Really? You were trying to change my plans? You fucking piss me off".

Elly hands Lola to Eva before walking out of the kitchen. She goes into her bedroom, looking through her clothes. Ana walks in, shutting the door behind her.

"Where do you think you're going?"

Elly throws a hoodie over her tee-shirt. "School". Elly walks over to her dresser, grabbing socks before slipping on her Air Forces.

Ana shakes her head, "No you're not. Elenor Rose. It's way too early to leave now. Finish breakfast and you're not wearing basketball shorts to school, Let's go".

Elenor lotions up her legs, "Fuck off". Ana walks over to her, throwing her lotion across the room. "I am your mother! You listen to me!"

Elly stands up, knowing she towers over her mother. "I don't give a fuck! Get out of my fucking face!"

"Excuse me? You must be forgetting who I am".

Elly rolls her eyes, "My nigga, you got about five fucking seconds to walk the hell away from me. I'm sick and tired of your ass".

Jason walks into the room, "Ma! Eva needs you". Ana turns around, shaking her head. Jason watches her before turning to Elly.

**

"Spend the night? Why?"

Ms.Evans grabs the cereal box, sighing. "Honey we've been over this a million times. Your father wants a relationship with you".

Benjamin rolls his eyes, setting his bowl in the sink. "Did you already say yes?"

Ms.Evans turns to him, "It'll get you a chance to get to know his family. It's important to him, and they're gonna be your step-siblings anyway".

Benjamin groans, "That's weird. It's really weird. I hardly know his girlfriend".

"Exactly. You're gonna get to know her".

Benjamin crosses his arms, "Who said I wanted to. And plus, what if I had plans this Friday?"

Ms.Evans closes the fridge and turns to Benjamin. "Well do you?"

"Well-...I-...Coul-..."

"Exactly. You're going. Go get ready for school".

Benjamin let's out a heavy sigh as he dramatically stomps up to his room.

**
Noah grabs Benjamin's thigh, humming. "Damn. Well, I have some good news".

Benjamin looks up from his bagel, "What?"

"Mateo called. He's with his cousin staying uptown. I'm just happy he's safe".

Benjamin smiles. "Good. I'm glad he's okay! Is he coming home?"

Noah shrugs, "I don't really know...My parents don't mind him staying there it's just...He has placement with us so there could be legal issues...They have to report this so he can come back".

Benjamin nods, "Damn. I hope everything works out".

Noah smiles and nods. "I'm excited though. He just-...He's lost, you know?"

Benjamin hums, "Yeah. Although I've never experienced it, I get it".

**
Elly walks with Lucas. "Yeah. She really likes you. She just...You should talk to her".

Lucas laughs, "Yeah cause I've ever had good luck with a girl before".

Elly nudges him, "Hey. No one likes Hayley and Gabi...She's just...Trying to find herself".

Lucas looks at her, "So you forgave her?"

"I'm pissed about the Jazmyne situation but I get her not knowing what she's into. It's hard and we shouldn't pester her about it".

Lucas nods and shrugs, "Yeah. Just...Wish it hadn't ended the way it did".

Gabi walks over, smiling. "Hey, guys".

Lucas and Elly look at each other and smile back. "Hey, Gabi".

"Wassup".

**
Benjamin walks with Gabi, laughing. "Okay...Well...She could totally skip the fake tan before trying to call me a faggot".

Gabi smiles, "Right? Especially if you're gonna wear sandals, make sure your feet at least match your ankles".

Benjamin shakes his head, "She really did that to herself. She looks dumb".

Elly and Noah walk over. Benjamin let's go if Gabi's hand, reaching to wrap his arm around Noah's. Noah smiles, leaning down to kiss him once. "Hey, babe".

Elly hums, "I got nothing to wear tomorrow night. Imma look like a fool".

Gabi shrugs, "Well...Benjamin is like a fashion icon so...Why not ask for his help?"

Elly looks over, "Would ya?"

Benjamin shrugs, "I can't tonight. Having dinner with my mom but I can tomorrow before your date".

Elly smiles, "Thanks".

Noah perks up, "Wait. Babe...Aren't you going to your dad's after school?"

"Oh well...I can just go to her house first and then get dropped off at my dad's. You'll drive me around?"

Noah smiles down at him, kissing his forehead, "Of course".

Lucas walks over, smiling. "Wow. I think I just say an angel".

The group looks over at him, as he was in a daze. Elly smiles, "Tati?"

Lucas hums, "Wow. She's beautiful...I mean gorgeous...She's stunning".

The whole group laughs at him and Elly smiles. "Hm. Seems like my work here is done".

**