Sixty Six

Lucas bites into his breakfast sandwich, looking up to see Elly walking over. Elly sits next to him, "Wassup man".

Lucas shrugs, taking another bite. "Wassup with you? Ready for your big date with Jazmyne".

Elly nods, "Definitely. I have to meet her father, though".

Lucas chuckles, "Oh damn. Praying for you, man".

Elly laughs at that, "Speaking of dates. How'd your date go with that one girl?"

Lucas looks down at his sandwich, "It was a good date...But there won't be another one. She's weird...And I say that in the nicest way".

Elly nods and hums, "So you are single?"

Lucas looks over, smiling playfully. "Why? You wanna date me?"

Elly laughs and shakes his head, "Nope. But I know someone who does". Lucas takes a bite into his sandwich, looking up and furrowing his brows.

**
Noah holds his chicken sandwich in front of Benjamin, who proceeds to take a bite. Noah smiles, "Hey...Where is everyone?"

Benjamin hums, "Elly is with Jazmyne, Gabi stayed home, and Lucas...I don't know where Lucas is".

Noah nods, "You think he's mad? We waited like ten minutes for him to come".

Benjamin shrugs, "You could ask. Can I have another bite?"

Noah shakes his head, "No, babe. You literally have twenty piece chicken nuggets".

Benjamin frowns and looks up at Noah. Noah rolls his eyes, hovering it in front of his mouth. Benjamin smiles and bites into it.

Noah smiles at him, grabbing his soda. "Oh. I got you something".

Benjamin sits up, "Really? What?"

Noah shrugs, "Okay. I was in the store with my mom and saw this. Thought it would look cute on you".

Benjamin furrows his brows. "Okay?"

Noah smiles and reaches in the back of his car, grabbing a bag. Benjamin smiles and sets his foot on the dashboard, grabbing it.

He opens it up, revealing a large fully brown sweatshirt. Benjamin smiles, "I love it".

Noah nods, "And the lady said it would look great paired with these".

Benjamin looks up, seeing Noah holding another bag. He grabs it, pulling out a pair of plaid pants. Benjamin shakes his head, "Babe".

Noah smiles, "Do you like it?"

Benjamin nods and smiles, "Yes, they're adorable. How'd you even know my size?"

Noah shrugs, "I talked to your mom. I have her number, remember?"

Benjamin shakes his head, smiling up at Noah. He grabs his face, leaning in to kiss him once. "Thank you".

**
After school, Elly and Jazmyne decided to hang out. They were currently walking inside Walmart. Elly smiles at Jazmyne, "Really? Who you like on ya team then?"

"Just my friends. The other girls are so full of themselves and some of them are racist".

Elly feels her phone vibrating in her front pocket as she grabs it. She sees her brother's contact on the screen.

She answers it, sighing. "Hello?"

"Hey, Elly. Where are you? School end yet?"

Elly nods, looking down at Jazmyne. "Yeah. I'm at Walmart to get some snacks".

"Why? Mom just bought some".

Elly nods, "Yeah, I know. But imma get the munchies and she don't like when I eat her snacks. Plus, I'm getting some for Jazmyne too cause she has a game Saturday and she needs some for the road".

Jason nods, "Munchies? You better not be driving around while high, Elenor".

"I'm not. But imma smoke when I get home. Anyways, what's going on?"

"Something with mom. She was talking with Tía and she wants you home. When do you think you'll be done?"

"Well, were going to McDonald's after and then I gotta drop her off, so like, an hour?"

Jason nods, "Okay. Hurry home".

Elly nods and hangs up the phone. Jazmyne looks up, "Everything okay?"

Elly shrugs, "I don't know. My mom is pissed about something. Per usual, though".

Jazmyne looks up, nodding. "You and your mom don't get along?"

"We don't just get along. It's a lot. Don't worry though, I can draw you a map".

**
Elly grabs her Walmart bags and her fast-food bag before getting out of her car. She walks into the house, seeing her mom at the island.

Ana shakes her head, "Come here, Elenor".

Elly shoves her keys into her front pocket, walking over. She sets her bags down, sitting down. "What's up?"

"I checked your bank account. Why do you have fifty dollars set aside?"

Elly furrows her brows, "Why're you looking at my shit? Why does it matter?"

"It matters cause you're my daughter. That's why. Why are you holding fifty dollars out? Answer me, right now".

"What the fuck does it matter? That's the money that I made when I was working in New York".

"Elenor Rose Guerra, I am not going to fucking ask you again!"

Elly rolls her eyes, "I'm taking a girl out on Friday".

Ana chuckles and shakes her head, "No you're not. You're not about to take a girl out on a date. That's disgusting".

Elly stands up and smiles, "Good thing you don't have to come".

"I do not want one of my coworkers or friends to see my daughter out on a date with a girl! It's repulsive!"

"I'm going on the date-".

"No, you're not! Give me your keys!"

Elly shakes his head, "Nope. Dad bought my car, so you can't take it. That money is mine. What I do, has nothing to do with you".

Elly grabs her bags and walks into her room, slamming the door. She locks the door, shaking her head.

She sits down on her bed, bouncing her leg up and down. She runs her hands down her face and shaking her head.

Elly grabs two towels, shoving them under her bedroom door before opening her window. She grabs her backwoods and weed before sitting in her chair.

**