Eighty Nine

a/n: elly and jazmyne's outfits for the dinner!
tw: homophobic slurs; homophobia

Noah kisses Benjamin and smiles. "Have fun at the competition, Bebe. You're gonna do great and be all smart and shit."

Benjamin smiles, "Thank you. My dad is coming to pick me up after since it's gonna take till school ends but, I'll text you after okay?"

"Alright."

"Oh! And tell Elly not to worry. She's gonna need all the encouragement she can get."

An announcement comes over the school speakers for all the students apart of the S.T.E.M competition to make it towards the front of the building so they can leave.

Benjamin smiles and kisses Noah again. "Okay. I love you. Give Elly my best."

"I love you, too. Have fun." Noah watches as he walks away and meets up with Amira. He turns back to his locker, setting his textbook inside.

Elly walks over and looks around. "Where Benjamin?"

"Stem competition. So proud of him. Wanna plan a small dinner celebration for him."

"Very sweet, compa."

**
Benjamin opens his laptop as Amira sets the robot down on the ground. Benjamin looks over at another team member and nods.

"Okay...I wrote the code in java...You know it right?"

The team member, Josh, nods. "Yeah. Do you want me to control it?"

Benjamin shrugs, "Just in case. We have to go get the robot weighted so if you want you can just go over it and make sure it all seems right."

"Alright."

Benjamin smiles and walks over to Amira. "Ready?"

Amira stands up, "I'm nervous!"

Benjamin nods. "Me too! Extremely but, we got this in the bag just...Be positive, okay?"

**
Noah sits in his car during lunch, waiting for Lucas to join him. He feels his phone vibrating and grabs it, smiling when he sees Benjamin's contact.

Lucas gets in the car, nodding. "Sup man."

"Hey...", Noah puts the phone up to his ear, "Hey, bebesita. How's the competition going?"

Benjamin smiles. "It's...It's going so great, babe! We have the highest score right now and our last task is after the lunch break."

"Is this one the field one? Where you did all the sensory thingys?"

"Well, the sensors were for everything but I get what you're trying to say."

Noah chuckles and nods. "Well, as long as you're having fun, that's all I care about."

Benjamin smiles. "What're you up to?"

"Lucas and I are about to get something to eat."

"Okay. Well, I will call you once the competition is over. I have to go to my dads but I'll make sure to call you, okay?"

"Okay, bebesita. I love you. Have fun."

"I love you, too."

**
Elly pulls her pants over her boxes and lets out a sigh as she buttons them up. She grabs her shirt, slipping it on and looking at herself in the mirror.

"You've gone through so much worse, dumbass. Don't let a fucking dinner ruin you.. ."

She grabs her shoes, slipping them on and them sitting down in her desk chair. She puts her head in her hands, taking a deep breath.