Thirty Eight

Lucas smiles as he sees Gabi alone at her locker. He walks over, "Hey, Gabi".

Gabi smiles, "Hey. Where is everyone?"

"I think Noah and Benjamin went on a breakfast date. Jackson and Caleb are with some basketball friends and Elly is...I don't really know".

Gabi nods and shuts her locker. "Wanna walk me to class?"

"Sure...I actually had a question?"

Gabi looks at him and nods. "Would you like to go out with me? On a date?"

Gabi blushes and nods, "Of course!"

**
Benjamin sips his water and follows Noah down the hall. He shakes his head, "No...I want that one".

Noah hands him a clear gummy bear before smiling. They sit down in their seats together and Benjamin eats it.

Benjamin rests his feet up on Noah's chair, smiling. "Do you have anymore clear ones?"

Noah reaches down in the bag, handing Benny a handful. "Are these the only ones you eat?"

Benjamin shakes his head, "No. They're just the best ones".

Noah chuckles at that and reaches in his front pocket to grab his phone. "Awe. Lucas and Gabi are going on a date this weekend".

"Really? Gabi has had a crush on him the longest ".

"I'm confused...Thought she liked Elly".

"She thinks Elly is cute...I don't think she wants to date her though...Plus Elly said she wouldn't".

Noah nods and eats another gummy bear. One of Katen's friends walk into the classroom, sitting in front of the couple.

He turns around and Noah rolls his eyes. "If it's something about Benjamin please just save it".

He chuckles and shakes his head, "It's about the chick".

"She's gay!"

**
Kiara sees Benjamin in the library as he was helping out durning his free period. 

He was with a girl named Jasmine. He laughs at the joke she made before placing a book on the shelf. "Okay. I can finish the non fiction and you can do he fiction? It'll split the workload in half".

Jasmine nods, "Alright".

Benjamin smiles and turns back to the shelf, organizing the books.

Kiara walks over, leaning against the bookshelf. "Hey, Benny".

Benjamin jumps and rolls his eyes, "Don't call me that".

"I wanted to talk...Just me and you...You know...We were once best friends".

Benjamin scoffs, "Yeah before you fucked me over".

Kiara shrugs, "Anyways...My mom is throwing a birthday party for my little sister and....she really wants you to come".

"Why do I care?" Benjamin checks the box on his list.

"Cause...She doesn't know we're going through something and I don't wanna tell her. My mom misses you".

Benjamin snickers, "Yeah...Going through something".

Kiara frowns, "Please! For my mom?"

Benjamin reads the side of the book, placing it down. "You want me to do you a favor? No...Absolutely not".

"Please! Come on!"

Benjamin slams the book down, "No, Kiara! No! I'm not doing you fucking favors! I fucking hate you! You ruined everything!"

Kiara freezes up and tears up. She'd never thought she hear Benjamin say he hates her. Ever. No matter what she did.

Benjamin closes his eyes for a second and recollects himself. "Tell your mom I'm sorry that I couldn't make it".

Benjamin grabs the books and walks over to the next section, leaving Kiara by herself.

Benjamin finishes his work in the library before grabbing his bag to walk to his next class. He sees Gabi in the hallway and runs up to her.

"Gabi! I stood up to Kiara. Like...Stood my ground".

Gabi smiles, "Really? About time, girl".

Benjamin nods, "I know...I just kept thinking about what you told me that night...I shouldn't try and please the people who hurt me".

"Exactly! This is good for you. I'm happy".

"I'm happy for you too. 'Mrs I have a date'....Are you excited".

"Yes...But also scared....Will you do my makeup?"

Benjamin nods, "Sure. Just tell me when and I'll come over to help you out".

"Thanks so much!" The bell rings and Gabi waves at Benjamin before turning down the hallway. Benjamin keeps walking straight into his classroom.

**
Benjamin sits in the passengers' seat as he dials Elly's number. They all usually meet up for lunch but they haven't seen her.

"Hello?"

"Hey Elly...We're in the parking lot about to go to lunch...Are you tagging along today?"

"Oh nah...I left after third period...I was gonna come back but I'm stoned".

Benjamin giggles and nods, "Okay. We were just making sure we didn't leave you".

"Preciate' it".

Benjamin nods and finishes the conversation before hanging up. "She's at home, stoned".

Noah nods and starts up the car. Lucas gets in the car, smiling. "She said yes, guys".

Benjamin smiles back, "We heard. Are you excited?"

"I'm scared...I mean, we're close friends but...I don't know, man".

Noah smiles at that, "You cheesing".

Gabi walks to the car, also getting in and smiling. "Where are we going?"

**
Gabi walks into her house, smiling. "Mom!"

Her mom walks out, smiling. "What's up, honey?"

"I have a date! My friend Lucas wants to go out with me!"

"Really! Yay! Let me see a picture!"

Gabi grabs her phone and pulls up a picture of Noah and Lucas from their basketball game. She points at Lucas, "He's this one".

"Oh! He's cute...Are you excited!"

"Yes! He's so cute! I didn't think I was his type".

"Well...What're you gonna wear?"

**