Thirty Seven

Benjamin was walking to his locker when Katen sees him.

Benjamin goes up to his locker and as soon as Katen started to walk towards him, Noah and Elly were right there.

Katen rolls his eyes and walks back to his group. He taps on Chris' shoulder. Chris turns around, "Aye, wassup man?"

"What do you know about the new girl? Elly".

Chris looks towards them, shrugging. "Not much, man. She just moved here. Other than she's from New York. Oh! And she hit Hayley at that party. Why? Think she's cute?"

"I'm with Zoē, fuckface. But I am interested".

Chris shakes his head, "Another thing I know, she's gay".

Katen scoffs, "Don't mean I can't turn her".

**
Elly looses the belt on her pants to sag them a little, before washing her hands. She grabs her bag off the floor before walking out the bathroom.

She puts one earbud in and sees Katen walk up to her. He smiles, "So you're the new girl?"

Elly chooses a song, not even looking up at. "And ya the infamous homophobic bully?"

Katen shakes his head, "I'm not homophobic. It's just...Benjamin isn't a saint, alright?"

Elly nods and smiles, "Yeah, Alright".

Katen smiles back, thinking she's digging him. "So...I was wondering, since you're new here, I could take you around...Help you get used to the area".

Elly licks her lips, almost laughing. "You...You do know I'm gay right? Meaning I like toto".

Katen furrows his brows, "Toto? What's that?"

"Pussy. I like pussy. I ain't interested. I know about you...Fuckin' weirdo".

"Aye. Watch your mouth. Won't get you anywhere good".

Elly rolls her eyes and sees Lucas. "Ayo, bro. Wait up". She walks away from Katen and he crosses his arms.

**
Noah kisses Benjamin once before nodding. "Okay. I'll be here after class. If he gives you trouble tell me and I'll bust in here".

Benjamin giggles, "No fighting. Understand me?"

"Fine..Fine. But if he-".

Benjamin places his hand over Noah's mouth. "You're gonna be late for class. Bye".

Noah watches as Benjamin turns away and walks into the classroom before turning around and making a funny face at him.

Benjamin giggles to himself, taking a seat. Katen walks over, slamming his bag down.

Benjamin looks over and raises his eyebrows. Katen looked pissed off and he just hoped that he didn't plan on taking his anger out on him.

Benjamin scoots his chair over and Katen laughs. "You and Noah are fucking disgusting. Can't believe a gay person is even allowed on the basketball team".

Benjamin blushes and shakes his head. "That's your opinion".

Katen scoots closer, "Excuse me?"

Benjamin looks away and hold his breath. Katen shakes his head, "You know...I saw that text Hayley sent you...You deserved it...Every single word".

Benjamin ignores him, beginning to tap his leg up and down. Katen chuckles and shakes his head, "You-".

Benjamin turns, "What do you want from me? Huh? What?"

"Elly. Want her on my team. Get her to like me".

Benjamin gulps and turns away. Katen smirks, "You gonna do it?"

**
Benjamin was sat in the passengers seat, Noah in the drivers, and Gabi, Lucas, and Elly across the back seats.

Benjamin shrugs, "He said I deserved every word she sent me...I asked if he wanted a favor from me or something..".

Noah frowns, kissing Benjamins hand. "What'd he say?"

Benjamin wipes his tears, "Told me to get Elly to like him and he'll stop".

Elly shakes her head, "What the fuck. Why does he need me?"

"Says your good at fighting and you're aggressive. Says it'll make him look good".

Elly scoffs, "That's some bullshit. No-...fuck I'm not doing that".

Benjamin shrugs, "If it'll get him to stop...".

"No. Absolutely not...Nope. I can't do you like that..that's foul".

Noah shakes his head, "Baby...Katen needs to stop what he's doing regardless. Elly shouldn't have to pretend to be someone she's not".

Gabi looks at him, "It'll be okay. Maybe I could talk to Hayley or something".

Benjamin nods and wipes his tears. "I just hate him so much. It's so fucking unfair".

Noah frowns and looks back at Lucas. "M-maybe I could talk to Hayley? We were together for a good amount of time...maybe I could talk some sense".

Noah nods, "Yeah... And you know I have no problem speaking to Katen again".

Benjamin shakes his head, "N-no...I should fight my own battles..".

"Nonsense, babe. I want to help you. This fuckface deserves what he has coming to him".

Gabi looks at her phone, "Shit. I have to go. Text the group chat?"

"Yeah. See you tomorrow".

Gabi smiles and gets out the car. She waves to her friends before walking off to find her mom's car. Lucas looks back at her, smiling.

Elly smiles, "Someone cheesin' ova there".

Benjamin and Noah looks back at him, smiling as well. "Isn't she gay?"

Benjamin shakes her head, "She thinks she's bi. She thinks Elly is cute".

Elly nods, "Damn".

Noah shrugs, "You like her?"

Elly shakes her head, "I mean she cute but...Nah".

**
As Elly was getting dropped off, Lucas grabs her arm to stop her.

"Just making sure...So you don't like Gabi?"

"Nah man. She all yours".

"Okay cool. I'm thinking of asking her on a date this weekend".

Elly nods and smiles, "Shoot ya shot, man".

"Dope. Text you later".

Elly nods and dabs him up. "See ya later".

**