Ninety One

a/n: double update because why not?

Benjamin opens the door to the cafe and orders himself a frappuccino as well as a biscuit. He checks his phone once before looking back up to wait for his order.

Once he finally gets it, he walks over to the table, smiling at Gabi. "Hey."

Gabi looks up and smiles. "Hi."

Benjamin sets his stuff on the table before sitting down. "Don't be awkward...Talk."

Gabi nods. "Okay...I know I kinda already explained this...Well rambled but...I really am sorry."

Benjamin smiles and nods. "It's okay, Gabi. I know it seems like I'm...Distant but...You're my best friend, okay?"

"I don't know...Sometimes I just feel like, now that everyone has a significant other that...I'll just be the second choice or something. And I know I'm the reason Lucas and I aren't together anymore but...I don't know."

"I get that. Trust me, I do. Noah is my first official boyfriend and I've been the third wheel plenty of times. But I promise to try and make more time for you it's just...I fell in love."

Gabi smiles. "Aw...You're totally blushing right now!"

Benjamin shakes his head. "No, I'm not... ."

"Yes, you are! Oh my gosh. You're like...in love love."

Benjamin rolls his eyes. "So? What's been going on with you?"

"Well, Uhm...My parents are out of town...again."

Benjamin takes a sip of his drink. "Really? Again? Didn't they just get back from Miami?"

Gabi nods. "Yup. Three days ago. My dad tried to comfort me with his money."

Benjamin shrugs, "Well did you take it?"

Gabi looks up and smiles. "...Well, I wasn't going to but then I heard downtown is having a huge sale today."

"Oo! Can I tag along? I threw out a bunch of clothes and I'm kinda missing them."

"You're gonna start dressing like yourself again? No more of Noah's big ass hoodies and sweatpants?"

Benjamin laughs at that and shrugs. "I'm gonna try. Ease my way back into it. Try on my tight clothes and crop tops again."

"Ooo! I'm excited."

"Me too. I don't know I just feel like I can finally be myself again. Like I'm free."

**
Noah shrugs. "Girls like flowers and chocolate, right?"

Lucas looks over at him and furrows his brows. "Are we talking about Benjamin?"

"No. Well, yes. Two people."

Lucas still has a confused look on his face as he stares at Noah. "Elaborate."

"Well, it's for Benjamin cause I wanna surprise him next week for winning the competition thing...But, Elly's mom embarrassed her last night and I wanna cheer her up."

"You're gonna give flowers and chocolate to Elly? I'm talking about Elly, the girl who used to run with street gangs?"

Noah shrugs. "I thought she'd have a soft side."

"Try buying her a shooting game. Sure she'll be happy with that."

"For real. She's a bro to us, you know? Shouldn't we try and cheer her up?"

Lucas hums and looks up like he's thinking. "I got it. Donuts...Who doesn't like donuts? When my dad left my mom, I bought her two dozen donuts."

Noah looks over with wide eyes. "Two dozen?"