Sixty Eight

this chapter is a little longer cause my school is closed til next month and i've been social distancing fir two weeks now. how's everyone doing though?

"Noah said he'll take me cause we need to stop by Elly's house".

Ms.Evans nods, "Who is Elly?"

Benjamin groans, "I told you. Noah's friend. The gay one? She needs help with what to wear for her date".

"Oh! The curly head! You should bring her over one day, I've yet to meet her and Lucas".

Benjamin nods, zipping up his bag. "Okay, mom. I'll see you tomorrow evening".

Ms.Evans smiles and hugs him. "Thank you...For being so flexible with your father and I. I know you very much rather stay here but-".

"Of course".

Ms.Evans looks down at his hands, his nails newly painted. She smiles and nods, "That's right".

**
Noah sits at Elly's desk, eating a burger. Elly was sitting in the bed, eating the nuggets they bought her.

Benjamin was in her closet, going through her clothes. "So. Where everyone at?"

"Ana is at the store with my Tía. Eva and Josè are looking at apartments. Jason moved back to Brooklyn".

"Hm. She still hates me?"

Elly shrugs, "Hope not. She wasn't happy when she found out you were not only, my fake date, but also gay".

Noah chuckles and shrugs, "That's on her".

Benjamin walks out, smiling. "Okay. This button-up, and these pants. Tuck the shirt in, but not too much, make it lose. Also, your white Air Forces, cause you don't have any dress shoes".

Elly nods and smiles, "Damn. Thanks".

Benjamin nods and smiles, "Of course. Are you meeting her dad?"

"Seems so". Elly grabs the clothes, looking at them.

Benjamin smiles, "How are you gonna do your hair?"

Elly hums and shrugs, "Uh. Maybe just a regular bun. Or a pineapple. I don't know...My hair kinda does it's own thing".

Benjamin smiles, walking over next to Noah, and sitting on his lap. Elly sighs, "Fuck. I think my mom's home".

Benjamin stands up, grabbing his bag. "We should go anyways. My dad is probably wondering where I am".

Elly nods and her mom opens the door. "Elenor. Before you leave, for your....date, I'd like you to clean the house. Who is this?"

"Uh, you already know Noah, this is Benjamin".

Ana looks at Benjamin up and down before walking out. Elly sighs, "Sorry about that. Benjamin, you might wanna zip your jacket".

"What? Why?"

"Cause. Your stomach is kinda exposed".

Benjamin looks over at Noah, frowning. Noah walks over and zips his jacket up, suddenly feeling less confident.

Elly frowns at Benjamin's face, "I'm not trying to like...Make you hide but...I don't want you to be degraded".

Noah grabs his arm, "Hey, baby. It's better if you cover up for now, okay? I know how her mom can get".

Benjamin nods and smiles, "Okay".

The group walks out of Elly's room. Noah smiles, "See you Monday, compa". They do their handshake.