Thirty

Benjamin looks through his closet, missing all his girly clothing that he gave away. Though he missed it, he hated being made fun of and wanted to dress the part.

He grabs some jeans, cuffing the bottoms before grabbing a red hoodie. He grabs his white slip on vans before fixing his septum.

He grabs his phone and walks downstairs to see his dad sitting at the island. He rolls his eyes and grabs a white wind breaker to put over his hoodie.

"Hi, Benny".

Benjamin looks over and smiles, "Hey".

Benjamin grabs his lanyard off the key holder and slings his bag over his shoulders. "Leaving already?"

"Noah is picking me up early for breakfast. We also have to pick up Elly".

"Who's Elly?"

"Friend of Noah's".

"Oh okay. I'm bringing my girlfriend over Friday".

"Why are we having it at our house? You don't even live here".

"Benjamin. I will not take disrespect. I am still your father, understand me?"

Benjamin sighs and grabs his water bottle out of the fridge, "Yeah. Sorry. I have to go".

Benny opens the front door and sees Noah's car parked. He rolls his eyes, slamming the door and gets in the passengers seat.

"Lo entiendo.. Sí, señora.. bien lo haré. Yo también te amo, abuela".
(I get it.. Yes, ma'am.. Well, I will. I love you too, grandma.)

Noah smiles and hangs up the phone. Benjamin looks over and smiles. "Hey, baby".

"Hi. You seem happy".

Noah shrugs, "I'm alright. What about you?"

"Meeting my future step mom and half siblings Friday".

"Oh god. Sorry babe". Noah backs the car out the driveway.

"It's fine. So, Gabi is having lunch with Kiara and Zoē today".

"What? Why?"

"They invited her. She wants to know what they have to say about me".

**
Elly walks out the door, "Bueno, papá me trata mucho mejor que tú! ¡Vete a la mierda!"

Elly slams the front door and walks to Noah's car. She sits down and slams the car door, before going into her bag to change her shirt.

"You Alright, hermano?"

Elly nods slipping her shirt on as well as a hoodie. "My moms just pissing me off. Making me wear this girly shit when she knows it makes me uncomfortable".

"Sorry. I got some old clothes you can see if they fit".

"Thanks bro".

She grabs her pants and groans. She slips her sweatpants over her skinny jeans.
Elly reaches down in her bag, changing her shoes from the sandals to some Jordan's.

Elly shakes her head and grabs her phone to text her brother. Noah looks over at Benjamin before looking back to Elly. 

"You want breakfast?"

Elly shakes her head, covering her face and wiping her tears. "Nah. I need to get to school so I can get out of these jeans".

"Okay. You okay, for real for real?"

Elly wipes her nose and nods, grabbing her hair into a pony tail. Noah nods and gets the memo to leave it alone.

**

Once Elly had officially changed into the outfit that made her comfortable, she drops the girly clothes into the lost and found.

She goes into the girls bathroom, seeing a bunch of girls doing their makeup and walks to the stall at the back.

She grabs her phone and calls her big brother.

"Hola hermanita. ¿Estás bien?"

Elly shakes her head, beginning to cry, "Ya no puedo hacer esta mierda, hombre."

Noah and Benjamin were waiting outside the bathroom for her. Noah chuckles and grabs Benjamin's hand. "This is where it happened?"

Benny looks down, nodding. "Mhm. Clean slice".

"So sick..the scars huge".

Benjamin nods, "He almost damaged my hand. He almost sliced a nerve. I wouldn't be able to play piano",

Noah frowns and looks up at him. "So sorry baby". Noah leans up to kiss him once before smiling, "I finally get to show you off".

Benny giggles and leans down to kiss him again.

Finally, Elly walks out the stall, the girls staring at her. One girl walks over to her, smiling. "So you're a stud, right?"

Elly looks at her, placing her phone in her sweatpants pocket. "What about it?"

"So like...do you get..like do you get your period? Also..do you like shave and stuff or do you totally think you're a boy?"

Elly punches the girl in the face, licking her lips. The girls gasp and run to her aid. Elly puts her hands in her pockets, "Anymore stupid ass questions?"

Elly rolls her eyes and walks out the bathroom.

**
Benjamin sets his bag down and looks at his mom. "Hey mom. I'm here to set my things down but Noah wants to take me out".

Ms.Evans nods, "Okay. Can we talk really quick?"

Benjamin nods and walks over. He sits on the bar stool and looks up at his mom.

"Regarding your dad, I'm gonna need you to lighten up. Okay? I know how you feel about him but he's trying he's best".

Benjamin looks down at his feet and nods. "Yeah. Okay". He stands up, grabbing his keys off the table.

"Benny-".

"No. I get it..I just don't understand why he could've have tried years ago like a father should do".

**