Eighty Two

a/n: some of ya bout to be real happy at the end of this chapter (:

Benjamin walks into his house and walks to the fridge to get a snack. His mom walks in and sits down at the island. "Hey, Benny".

Benjamin closes the fridge and walks over to the pantry. He grabs a granola bar and a bag of chips before walking over to the staircase.

Olivia turns around, "Benjamin. Come here, please".

Benny rolls his eyes and turns around. "What, mom? I'm exhausted. I haven't slept in days".

"I just want to say that I'm sorry. We're just doing what's best for you".

Benjamin fake smiles and nods, "Yeah".

"Benj-".

"I don't wanna talk about it, okay? You guys have made up your minds. Now, can I please go? The pills kept me up and all I want right now is a nap".

"Okay".

Benjamin finally walks up the stairs into his room. He looks around, seeing a few of his things moved around.

He sets his snacks down on his bed before walking over to his vanity, seeing the drawers were open. He then walks over to his bedside table, seeing it all jumbled up.

He runs his fingers through his hair and shakes his head. "Did they go through my stuff?"

He sits on his bed and takes his backpack off, grabbing his phone to call Noah.

**
Elly rolls her eyes, "Please, Ma. He goes back on Wednesday and I barely get to see him".

"I don't care, Elenor. How many times do I need to say it".

"Well...Can we revisit the idea of him getting a place so I can see him more often?"

"Don't be ridiculous, you can not expect your father to just pick up his life and move".

"We did? You didn't seem to have any problem with that!"

"Elenor. Oh my god, can you please just shut up!? I'm done arguing with you! I am your mother and I make the decisions.

Elly rolls her eyes and looks away from her mom. "I'm not eating dinner here tonight".

"Well, then where are you going? Your dad is spending time with Eva right now".

"I don't know but I'm not eating here. I don't wanna be around you right now".

"Whatever, Elenor".

Elly goes into her bedroom and grabs her car keys. She walks back into the kitchen, shoving her phone into her front pocket and walking out the house.

Ana throws the spoon she was using down on the counter and puts her hands on the sides of her head. "Fuck".

*
Lucas smiles and hands Tatiyana her plate. "A home-cooked meal for our official first date...The only thing is my little sister is with us cause my mom is busy".

Tatiyana smiles, "You're so cute. Plus, having Imani here is a plus, now I won't be so nervous".

Lucas chuckles and sits at the table, "I'm sorry we couldn't go out like we planned it's just...My mom-".

"I get it, Lucas. Plus this looks like really good. I would've never guessed a jock like you would be able to cook".

"I used to sit on the countertop while my mom cooked and I guess it just stuck to me".

Tatiyana smiles, "That's cute".

Lucas smiles as they both began to eat. Tatiyana sparks up another conversation.

"So? How'd you like my friends? Are they too much for you?"

"Too much? Your friends? What about mine?"

Tati smiles, "Your friends are fun. I like them".

"Yeah, I like your friends too. Jade is funny and Jazmyne seems extremely chill".

"Hm. I love those girls so much. I like your friends too, Elly is, an actual comedian and Gabi does seem...Relatively nice. I can tell why Noah is your best friend and Benjamin...I mean he's cute".

"What? You don't like him?"

"I mean I want to but...I feel like he was lacking energy...Like genuine energy. He seemed really tired and kinda like he wasn't even with us".

"You just gotta warm up to him. He's been through a lot and...Noah like, the only person he really trusts lately".

"Why's that?"

"Uh-".

"If you can't tell me that's fine".

"No, I just don't know if he'd be comfortable. I'd have to ask".

Tatiyana smiles, "You're so sweet". Lucas smiles back, grabbing her hand, "Yo-".

Imani starts crying loudly from where she was sleeping and Lucas sighs. He smiles at Tati before getting up to go get her.

*
Benjamin walks downstairs for dinner. He sits down at his seat and looks at his mom. "Did you and dad go through my stuff while I was at school?"

Olivia sets his plate in front of him and shrugs. "What?"

"My room, mom...My stuff was moved around and my drawers were open".

"We just...I wanted to make sure you told us the truth. We wanted to make sure you really threw everything out".

Benjamin shakes his head and takes a bite of his food. Olivia sits down, looking up at him. "I'm sorry, Benjamin, really? I'm trying my best and I spoke with your father and we're gonna loft some of the rules".

Benjamin doesn't respond, just looks down at his food and listens.

"You can still do robotics, but no going out on the weekends, just for a little while".

"Well can I see Noah? Please? He could come over and we could just hang out?"

"Honey, your father doesn't really want you hanging out with friends."

"He's not just a friend, mom. I need to see him".

"Benjamin. You're in high school you don't need to see him".

Benjamin looks down at his plate, lowering his voice. "I'm in love with him".

Olivia looks at him and nods. "Okay. He can come over...But just him".

**
Benjamin was sitting with Noah during their free period. Noah was eating from a bag of chips and Benjamin was on his computer, working on robotics.

"What're you doing now?"

"Competition is Friday and we had an error with the coding so I'm trying to figure out where it is".

"Fuck what's is like to be smart".

Benjamin looks over, rolling his eyes, "Shut up, you're smart too".

"Not as smart as you".

Elly and Lucas walk in the library, sitting at the table with the two. Elly reaches her hand out as Noah places some chips in her hands. "Aye, did y'all hear what's going on?"

Benjamin looks up, "No? What's happening".

"Katen and Zoē broke up. He cheated on her".

**