Ninety

a/n: before anyone asks, yes, elly's mom and benjamin's stepmom have to the same name, they're just spelled differently. elly's is ana, and benjamins is anna. they're also pronounced different.

Benjamin plays with the zipper on his jacket and smiles. "Mhm. It was a lot of fun but my brain hurts."

Noah chuckles. "That's what you get for being a genius. So? What after that?"

"Uh...More work in the classroom but we have more competition coming up and...I don't know there are some really cool summer programs I could get into."

"Summer programs...That's great."

Benjamin frowns. "I wouldn't be gone all summer, baby. And trust me when I say I have a good reason to come back."

Noah hums at that. "Good."

Benjamin's dad walks into the room. Benjamin looks up and looks at his dad. "Hey Noah, I have to go. Talk to you tomorrow?"

"Alright. Love you."

"Love you too." Benjamin hangs up the phone, setting it down on the desk that he is sitting in front of.

Benjamin's dad sits down on the corner of the bed. "Just wanted to apologize. For being late and...Not being involved in your robotics."

Benjamin turns around in his chair, shrugging. "It's fine, dad."

"You sure? Anna told me you felt ups-."

Benjamin closes his eyes for a split second before holding his hand out. "Wait-...You only apologized cause your girlfriend spoke to you?"

"No?! I mean...It's kind of the reason but-."

Benjamin shakes his head, standing up. "You know what? Everything is fine dad...I'm gonna go shower."

Benjamin's dad watches as he leaves the room, going into the bathroom. He sighs and shakes his head.

Damien gets up and walks downstairs to the kitchen. Anna looks over and smiles. "How'd it go, sweetheart?"

Damien smiles back, grabbing his cup from earlier to pour himself some more alcohol. "It was fine. He didn't say much."

Anna smiles, "Okay. Oh! Can you drop Jade off at her friend's house tomorrow? I would but, my feet and back are killing me."

"Of course." Damien walks over to her, rubbing her belly. "Can't wait to meet you."

**
Xavier walks over to the bathroom, knocking on the door. "Girls? Everything okay?"

Jazmyne opens the door and nods. "Yeah. She's okay."

Xavier looks at Elly, frowning. "Hey, uh...If you want to...You can stay the night...If not I'm more than welcome to drive you home."

Elly nods and smiles. "Thank you for the offer sir but...I think I'm gonna go home. I don't...really wanna be around anyone right now, plus I brought my own car."

Jazmyne turns around, "Your mom took your car, babe. She went home."

Elly nods, "Okay, then...I'd uh, appreciate a ride home."

Xavier nods, "Of course. How about we finish up dinner and then I take you?"

"That sounds nice." Elly smiles and grabs Jazmyne's hand, walking back into the kitchen.

**
After dinner, Veronica making sure Elly has enough leftovers to feed the neighborhood, Elly gets in the car with Jazmyne's dad.

Jazmyne gets in the passenger seat while Elly sat in the back.

Xavier sighs, "I'm really sorry about your mother, Elly. No child should ever have to hear such words from their own parents."

Elly shrugs. "It's okay. Trust me, I'm used to it."

"That's horrible. You shouldn't be used to it. If you ever don't want to be home with her, you're always welcome at my house."

Elly nod. "Thank you."

Jazmyne looks out the window, her eyebrows drawing together. "This isn't your house?"

Elly sits up and nods. "Yeah, uh, it's my sisters. I'm just gonna crash with her tonight." Elly unbuckles herself and smiles, "Thank you for dinner. It was great and I loved meeting you."

"Loved meeting you too, Elly. Have a good night."

Elly gets out of the car and starts walking until Jazmyne rolls down the window. "Wait. Come here."

Elly walks back over and Jazmyne grabs her, kissing her once. "Just...Good night. I'll text you, okay?"

Elly smiles, leaning in and kissing her again. "Okay. Night."

Elly walks to the front door, ringing the doorbell. She hears whatever was playing on the TV becomes quieter as someone walks to the door.

Eva opens the door, smiling. "Hey! Oh my god, how was the dinner?"

Elly tears up and shakes her head. "C-Can I sleep here tonight?"

Eva's smile drops as she escorts Elly into the house. "Of course...Aw, What happened?"

**
Gabi walks downstairs into her kitchen, grabbing a midnight snack. She closes the fridge and gasps when she sees her father.

"Holy shit! You scared me!"

"Sorry, honey. Didn't know you were awake."

Gabi shakes her head and walks over. "What are you doing up so late?"

"Some work. Come sit. Feel like I haven't seen you in forever."

Gabi sits down in one of the chairs and smiles. "What're you working on?"

"Business work. Your mother and I have to catch a plane in the morning so, just trying to get this done."

"Plane to catch? Where are you going?"

"Georgia. Business trip and then launch party for a new smoothie place opening up. Your mom is doing such a great job."

"Georgia? You guys just got back!"

"I know honey, it's just...We're business people, Gabriella. Don't worry. I'll let you take one of my bank cards and you can take one of your girlfriends out shopping with you."

"I don't have any girlfriends."

"Really? Who do you hang out with at school then?"

"I-...It doesn't matter. I'm tired, Dad. I'm gonna go to bed."

"Gabriella-."

"No. I'm tired, okay? Wake me up before you and mom leave, please."

Gabi walks up to her room, sighing. She sits down on her bed and grabs her phone.

Benjamin's phone goes to voicemail and Gabi sighs, leaving a message. "Hey, Benny. I called to apologize. I know...I know I've been a terrible friend and...I know that I'm jealous of everyone in the group. I'm sorry, I'm just...So used to being lonely and...My parents are never here so when I get friends I just-....I'm sorry, this isn't about me, this is about you."

Gabi wipes her eyes and nods. "I'm really sorry for not being supportive and acting out on my feelings. Whatever is going on, I just hope you're okay. Uhm..okay just call me back..or don't..."

Gabi shakes her head and moves the phone from her ear and sends the voicemail.

**