Fifty Three

a/n: check the characters chapter for an update!

Benjamin sits with his mom, shrugging. He dips the applicator into the bottle. "It was so weird. Like...She hasn't even told them yet".

Ms. Evans furrows her brows, grabbing the oven mitts. "That's strange...Why would she do that?"

Benjamin shrugs again, "I honestly don't know...Noah and Gabi said she's embarrassed".

"Hm... Wouldn't be surprised. Her parents are gonna be extremely disappointed...As they should be".

Benjamin nods, "They invited me over. Don't know how this will blow over".

"How about...We go over there and tell the truth? Sounds like a plan? Okay, good".

Benjamin smiles at his mom before looking back down at his phone. "Sure".

*
Benjamin puts on his jacket, walking downstairs. Ms.Evans smiles, "Have a good day, honey".

Benjamin smiles and nods, grabbing his keys. "You too...See you later".

Benjamin turns the door handle, walking out to Noah's car. He gets in, smiling. "I feel..So... Feminine today".

"Really? That's good... Your outfit is adorable".

"Thank you, babe". He leans over and kisses him once. Noah smiles back and puts the car in reverse.

"So...Katen texted me last night. Said he wanted to talk".

Benjamin nods, "What'd you say?"

"I said we could...As long as you don't have to be there and he can't speak to you".

"Okay...Are you sure? You don't wanna take Lucas with you?"

"I think I can handle it, babe. I'm sure".

Benjamin nods, "Okay...Well, I'm going to Kiara's house the weekend".

"Uhm...Am I missing something?"

Benjamin giggles, "No. My mom said we're going over there, to tell the truth".

"Really? Ms.Evans is bold".

"Mhm. She was kinda angry about it...That's she painted a fantasy that everything was okay".

"Yeah... That's fucking annoying. Like, just own up to your shit". Noah parks the car, shaking his head. "I don't know. Just pisses me off".

Benjamin grabs his bag off the floor, nodding. He steps out the car, "I get that".

**
Lucas walks over and daps Elly up. "Aye...Why is your face all red?"

Elly shakes her head, "Allergic reaction".

"Oh damn...Okay so, those over there, are her best friends...The ones that laughed at me".

Elly laughs and nods. "Aight". Elly catches a glimpse of her, smiling. "Damn, she's pretty as fuck".

Gabi walks over, smiling. She steps in front of Elly so she can't view Jazmyne. "Hey".

Elly looks up at Gabi, stepping back a little. "Sup".

Lucas smiles, grabbing Gabi's hand and kissing it. "Hey, baby".

Gabi smiles a little before turning around. "That's her?"

Elly nods, "Mhm...Damn...Aight let's go. I ain't tryna be all creepy".

Lucas shakes his head as they start walking. Gabi hums, "So...Elly, I know you're a stud and all, but wanted to know if you wanted to hang out".

Elly furrows her brows, "And do what?"

"I don't know. Go shopping?"

Elly shrugs, "Uh. Lemme think about it, aight?"

Gabi smiles and nods. "Okay". She lets go of Lucas's hand. "See you around!"

"Bye bab-". Lucas watches as she walks away, ignoring him. Lucas hums and looks back to Elly. Elly shrugs her shoulders and grabs her phone.

*
Lucas walks into his house, sighing. He sets his bag down, calling Gabi. She doesn't pick up the phone and he decides to leave a message.

hey...you weren't at my car. i waited for almost an hour. thought you were supposed to be coming over? shoot me a text, okay?

Lucas hangs up and sighs. He sees his mom walk in, holding grocery bags in one hand and his little sister in the other.

Lucas walks over, grabbing Imani. "Hi, baby girl".

Lucas's mom smiles, "Thank you. Okay, can you put these up? I need to go get ready for work".

"Wait, what? You're closing tonight again?"

"Yes, honey. They changed my schedule again. But hey, I get paid more!"

Lucas nods, "I guess. Did you pick up Imani's medication?"

"Oh fuck! I can run back...I have like thirty minutes before I have to clock in".

Lucas shakes his head, "No it's fine. I'll take her out".

"Thank you so much". Lucas's mom walks into her bedroom, closing the door. Lucas looks down at Imani, smiling.

"Wanna help out the groceries up?" Imani smiles and giggles, "You!"

Lucas sits her in the living room, next to all her toys. He cuts the TV on to her favorite show before beginning to out up the groceries.

His mom walks back out, grabbing her keys and wallet. "Okay. I'll see you in the morning". She walks over, kissing Imani's head. "Love you, baby".

"Mama!" Imani smiles and hugs her leg.

Lucas smiles as she walks over to him. "Thank you so much. I'll call, okay?"

"Of course, Ma". Lucas hugs her, smiling. "I love you. Be safe".

"I will...Love you too! Bye!"

Lucas watches her walk out of the apartment building. Lucas looks over at Imani who was playing with her dolls.

He walks over to the couch, grabbing his phone. He calls Gabi again, in which he gets no answer again. "The fuck is going on with her". He mumbles under his breath.

Lucas shakes his head, grabbing Imani's jacket and putting her shoes on. "Come on. Let's go get your medicine and then some McDonald's, huh?"

Imani smiles, grabbing her small stuffed bear. He shoves his phone and keys in his pocket, grabbing her car seat.

**
Gabi stares at her phone as Lucas called her once more. He followed with a text, reading: im not trying to be clingy but ur scaring me. you have texted since school got out. just wanna make sure you're safe.

Gabi clicks the power button, setting her phone on her bedside table. She grabs her computer, searching up Jazmyne's Instagram profile.

"Damn...She is pretty". She scrolls through, seeing her comment sections. She sees Elly has left a few emojis here and there.

She sighs and gets up, looking in the mirror. "She's not prettier than me...Maybe it's cause she's thick? No..".

Gabi rolls her eyes, walking back over to her computer. She scrolls through again, seeing her pictures.

She clicks on Elly's page, scrolling through hers as well. She sees that Jazmyne has also left a string of comments under her photos.

Gabi closes her computer, shaking her head.

**