Hundred Seventeen

Benjamin wakes up the next day, getting ready to go out to lunch with Noah. He wore some sweatpants and a cropped shirt, followed by one of Noah's jackets so it was oversized.

He walks downstairs, sliding his phone into his pocket when he sees Johnathan on the couch, watching TV while texting someone at the same time.

He walks over to the couch and smiles. "Hi."

Johnathan looks over and smiles back. "Oh, hey. Benjamin."

Benjamin smiles and takes a seat, looking at the TV. "Whatcha watching?"

"Oh uh, criminal minds. It's a really good show."

Benjamin nods. "Hey, so...Can we talk really quickly? Noah is on his way but I figured doing it now instead of later?"

Johnathan shakes his head and grabs the remote to pause the TV. "Of course."

Benjamin smiles. "I just wanted to apologize. I shouldn't have freaked out like that and made you panic. I should've just talked to you like friends do instead of ignoring you and then telling Noah right off the bat."

Johnathan nods.

"And, I totally still wanna be friends, I just...I wanna make sure you understand when I say I'm not available."

"I do...I do. I swear. I'm sorry for kissing you. I know this sounds stupid and I'm not trying to justify what I did but...It's just-...You're the only person who's showed me that...Someone cares and...I just acted on impulse."

Benjamin frowns. "It's okay, Johnathan."

"It won't happen again. I promise. I'm sorry I scared you by pushing you into the door. I really am."

"It's okay. I forgive you. And I'm sure...With time Noah will be okay, too. Trust. This is just a little bump in the road."

Johnathan nods and smiles. "Thanks for...Not giving up on me. Forgiving me another chance."

Benjamin smiles back. "Of course."

*
It was now Monday morning and Benjamin was in the car with Noah. He was drinking his coffee listening to Noah rant about something that happened relating to basketball.

"He was so traveling. So I cussed at him because...That's against the rules that should be called out and he starts calling me slurs? Dude, we're playing a game of pickup this isn't the fucking NBA calm your ass down."

Benjamin looks up at Noah as he took another sip from his coffee. "Mhm."

"It was so uncalled for. Luckily Lucas was there to back me up before I punched the fucker cold in his face."

Benjamin shakes his head. "Violence is never the answer...Well never mind. Racist assholes deserve it."

Noah chuckles and shakes his head. "I'm sorry, babe. I know you'd rather eat bricks then listen to my basketball stories but it's just annoying."

"What? No, it's fine. You can vent all you want, are you kidding me?"

"I'm not saying I can't vent, it's just sports is like a second language to you. You fall asleep every-time I turn the game on."

Benjamin giggles. "Not every-time. I stayed up that one night."

Noah rolls his eyes. "You stayed up when we got food and then fell asleep. Remember? My whole family was in the living room watching, you were first asleep then my mom."

"Okay, okay. Maybe, but I'm not gonna fall asleep while you're speaking to me."

"Better not."

*
Benjamin walks to his locker, seeing Gabi standing by it. "Hi. Morning. I love your outfit today."

Gabi looks down at herself and smiles. "Thank you. You too."

Benjamin smiles and grabs the lock, twisting it to match his combination.

Noah looks over at her and smiles. "Morning, Gabi."

Lucas appears, slapping Noah on the shoulder. "Wassup, man? Donut?"

Noah looks down at Lucas's hands, seeing him holding a large box of donuts. "Dude. Why did you bring these to school?"

Lucas furrows his brows. "To offer you some. Take a damn donut, Martinez."

Noah chuckles and opens the box, taking one out and taking a bit out of it. "Happy?"

Lucas smiles and nods. "Very. Benny?"

Benjamin turns and grabs on, smiling. "Thanks, Lucas," He turns back to his locker before looking at Noah. "Grab this for a sec, babe."

Noah grabs the donut as Benjamin opens his locker to grab a few textbooks as well as a notebook. Gabi grabs herself a donut before noticing a folded piece of paper by Benjamin's feet.

"Benjamin. You dropped something."

Benjamin looks down at his feet, grabbing the paper. He closes his locker door, unfolding it. He scans his eyes over the paper and furrows his brows. "It's from Kiara."

*
Elly takes a bite into her burger. "What'd the note say?"

"Not sure. He didn't read it just shoved it into his bag and we haven't talked about it since."

Elly looks up as she sees Benjamin walking back to the table with a new drink since they gave him the wrong one. He sits down next to Noah and takes a sip. "How do you mess up Sprite?"

Noah chuckles placing his arm around the back of Benjamin's chair. Lucas reaches across the table to steal a fry from Gabi's meal.

Gabi smacks his hand and shakes her head. "What're you doing?"

"I ran out of fries. Be a nice friend and give me the rest of yours."

Gabi stares at him for a second before rolling her eyes and passing the fries to him. Gabi looks over and shrugs. "Benny. What'd the note from Kiara say?"

Benjamin looks over and shrugs his shoulders. "I haven't even read it. I don't think I want to."

Noah looks at him, wiping his face with his thumb. "Why not, baby?"

"I just don't think I care. After everything, you know? Why should I pay attention to it?"

Noah nods his head. "That makes sense."

Elly looks over at the two. "Can I read it?" Gabi looks over at her and shrugs. "Why do you wanna read it?"

"Cause. What if she said some disrespectful shit? And where does she get the right to message you?"

"N-no. It's fine. I might read it just, not yet. I just gained my confidence back and I don't know if I'm in a place to read something like that."

Noah smiles and leans in to kiss him in the cheek. He runs his hand up and down his back. "You're fine, baby. No ones telling you you have to do anything you don't want to."

*