Twenty Four

Lucas looks at Gabi across the table. They were sitting at lunch, and neither Benjamin nor Noah were talking.

Benjamin moves his spoon around in his soup, staring straight at it. Noah was eating his sandwich, but staring past everyone.

Lucas clears his throat, "So you guys....plans for the weekend?"

Gabi nods, deciding help try to break the ice. "Well, Don't you and Noah have like extra practice for your game?"

"Yeah. You ready Noah?"

Noah looks over, shrugging. "It's no secret that it'll be hard".

Benjamin looks up at Noah, rolling his eyes. "What about you, Benny?"

"I don't know...I don't think that I'm ready to answer that question".

Noah gives a dry chuckle, shaking his head. Gabi looks back to Lucas, shrugging.

Lucas sits up, "Alright. What is going on with you two? Cause, something is obviously going on".

Noah shrugs, "Benjamin is ashamed to be with me".

Benny slams his hand down on the table, "No I'm not. Noah can't respect my wishes to keep this private for a little longer".

Noah rolls his eyes this time, "I told you I would protect you from Katens bitch ass but you don't wanna believe me".

Benjamin rolls his eyes, "I never fucking said that, Noah".

Lucas chuckles, "Uhm. Hey, can we..intervene?"

They both turn away from each other, looking at Lucas. "Okay. So you both have valid reasons to each other's arguments".

Gabi nods, "You need to make like...exceptions. Like, start small. Like how your families know? Tell close friends and eventually people will find out, you know?"

Benjamin shrugs, " I just don't wanna be bullied anymore. I've been a target for so long and it's just now cooling down".

"Okay, but didn't you forgive your ex friends. I'm sure they'd protect you".

Benjamin nods at Noah, shrugging. Noah bites his lip, looking to Benjamin, "I just...don't like..being in the closet, you know? Feels like I'm taking a step back".

Benjamin nods, looking at Noah, "I know..it sucks for me too..I'm just so fucking scared".

Noah frowns, "I got you, baby. Okay? We can gradually tell people..? Okay?"

"Yeah..that sounds nice".

**
Benjamin walks down the hall to his locker. He sees Katen walking over and begins to feel panicky. Though, he walks by him just to grab Zoē's hand.

Benny looks over at them, seeing them kiss and walk to another hallway. He scrunches up his eyebrows, when did they get back together?

Noah walks up, placing his hands on Benjamin's waist, smiling. "Hey, ready?"

"Uh..y-yeah hold on".

**
"Mamá estoy en casa!"
(mama im home)

"¿Qué tal tu día en la escuela hoy?"
(how was school today?)

"Eh...estuvo bueno...Benny está aquí".
(eh. it was good. Benny's here)

Noah dad walks out, "Sup". They do their made up handshake. "You've never met Benjamin, have you?"

"Don't think so. Hello..don't worry, I'm not one for always speaking in Spanish so if you ever need a translator I got you".

Benjamin giggles, "Nice to meet you".

"Aight. We gonna go up to my room".

"Okay. Be smart, mijo..okay?"

"Thanks dad. You have so much faith in me".

"I know how teenage boys get around the ones they like! I was once like that!"

Benjamin giggles, grabbing Noah's hand to walk upstairs. Noah shakes his head, "My dads a trip".

"I like him. He's funny. Wish my da-...never mind..sorry".

"It's okay, baby. Your feelings are valid".

"I know I just..shouldn't think about it...I mean, he's trying, right?"

Noah sits in his bed, throwing his phone down. Benjamin gets on the bed as well, leaning into Noah's side.

"I'm sorry I was so overdramatic. I just, have never been in a relationship before and I don't want my first to be shitty".

Noah nods, "I understand, baby. But..when I was closeted back in Venezuela it was really, really hard".

"We can...you can start with..your basketball team?"

"Are you sure? I don't wanna rush you".

"I'm sure. Do it..".

Noah smiles, leaning down and kissing Benjamin. Benny smiles, grabbing his face and kissing back.

Benjamin pulls away though, "Hey..are Katen and Zoē back together?"

"Not that I know of, why?"

"Swear I saw them kiss today...".

"Wait..didn't they break up so you guys could repair your friendship".

"Yeah...I thought so too..why would..?"

"Don't over think, baby. Maybe you're overthinking".

"Maybe..".

*
Zoē smirks, kissing Katen again. "Can't wait to see the look on his face..".

"Me either. Where Kiara?"

"She left an hour ago. Anyways, Noah and Lucas have basketball practice. That's when you can start shit talking".'

"You sure he's one to fight?"

"I'm sure. Since Jackson and Caleb wanna switch up..we'll give their new friend a little something".

Katen smiles and kisses Zoē again. "Sounds like a fucking plan".

**