Ninety Six

a/n: so sorry i've been gone, just haven't been feeling the best lately. i will try and double tonight for my absence :)

also sorry if this chapter is kinda all over the place! i'm trying my best haha.

**

Benjamin walks into the empty classroom where he saw Elly sitting by herself. She had her head in her arms, lay down.

Benjamin walks over, tapping her shoulder. "Hey."

Elly looks up, wiping the tears off her face. "Hey."

Benjamin frowns, sitting down next to her. "Oh my god. What's wrong?"

Elly shakes her head and lets out a dry chuckle. "Nothing...I-i'm fine...Uh, where Noah?"

"The office called him before class. What's going on?"

Elly shakes her head and shrugs. She looks down at her phone before handing it, Benjamin. He picks it up, reading the messages her mom sent her.

Elly wipes her tears again. "I know I should be used to it by now but...Fuck, it hurts so bad. So bad...It's just...How can you say that to your kid? How!?"

Benjamin sets the phone down and frowns. "I'm so sorry, Elly. I-I know exactly what you're going through."

"Will it ever stop? Fuck...Will it ever fucking-." Elly stops talking as she chokes up in her tears. Benjamin reaches over, setting his hand on her back.

"Hey. It's okay. It's okay. I get it...It sucks, I know it does but it's going to get better. Your dad is going to fight hard to help you. You just have to be patient but it will get better."

Elly looks up at Benjamin. "I just want it to stop".

Benjamin frowns. "I know. I get it." He reaches in his bag, grabbing his small pack of tissues. "Here."

Elly grabs it and smiles, laughing. "You just keep tissues with you all the time?"

Benjamin smiles and shrugs. "Hey, what can I say. I'm a very emotional person."

Jazmyne walks in, smiling. "There you are! You usually come to see me at my locker. What's going on?"

Elly looks up at Jazmyne. "Sorry. Can we talk about it at lunch?"

"Of course. Can I at least get a kiss?"

Elly smiles as Jazmyne leans down to kiss her. Benjamin smiles, standing up as the bell rang. "Hey, Elly. If you ever need to talk about your mom, you can always text me, okay?"

"Thanks, Benjamin."

**
Benjamin raises his hand, asking to go to the bathroom. The teacher allows and he grabs the pass to leave the classroom.

He pulls his phone out his back pocket, texting Noah.

He opens the door to the janitor's closet, seeing Noah sitting on a chair that wasn't needed in a classroom.

"This better be important, Martinez."

Noah smiles, holding his hand out. Benjamin furrows his brows, shaking his head. "No, No, I did not come in here to make out."

Noah chuckles. "Why not?"

"It's the middle of the school day. You can come over after school?"

"Calm down, twink. I just wanted to ask how everything was with Elly. That's all."

Benjamin smiles, walking over. "Mhm...Elly is just upset. She's having a hard time with her mom and everything but we talked."

"Okay. And you?"

"What do you mean?"

"Just checking up on you, bebesita."

Benjamin smiles. "I'm alright. Just, my wrist still kinda hurts and it really sucks."

Noah reaches up, grabbing Benjamin's hand. "Damn. This arm has been through much. First the cut and now a sprain."

"I know. And it's my good hand too."

Noah smiles. "Good hand? For what?"

Benjamin retracts his hand, giggling. "Shut up."

**
Noah sits on Benjamin's bed, the school finally being over. Benjamin walks over with a bag, smiling. "Wanna see all the clothes I got with Gabi last weekend?"

"Sure. But by far, the white piece is definitely my favorite one."

"You haven't even seen the other ones".

"Hm. Well, we will just have to see. So, are you just gonna hold them up or...Try then on?"

Benjamin smiles and blushes. "You want a fashion show?"

"Mm. Something like that."

Benjamin giggles and grabs the bag, walking to his bathroom. "Fine. I'll put on a show for you."

Noah smiles and licks his lips. "Mm. I love the sound of that, bebesita."

Once Benjamin tried on all his new clothes for Noah, he had decided his favorite pieces.

Noah hums, looking through the bag. "Okay, I'm still sticking with the white being my favorite cause you look absolutely stunning in it."

Benjamin smiles. "Thank you."

"But...I also really like...This one. It's skin right on you. Your body looks sexy in it."

Benjamin blushes at him. "...I am?"

"Incredibly. So glad you're feeling confident again. And not just cause I like seeing you like that, cause I like knowing you're happy and in a good place."

Benjamin smiles at him, moving so he's closer to him. "I love you so much, you know that right?"

Noah smiles back, grabbing his by the waist to place him on his lap. "Mm. I'd hope so."

Benjamin giggles, placing his hand on his face. He leans in to kiss him once. He pulls away, smiling. "Thank you."

Noah smiles, staring at him. "Of course." He grabs Benjamin by his waist, pulling him in and kissing him again.

**
Elly throws the ball into the hoop, sighing. She was alone as they didn't have basketball practice but they had after school activities and Elly didn't want to go home.

One of the janitors opened the gym for her to free throw.

Jazmyne opens the gym door, holding a water bottle. "Careful, Guerra. What did the ball ever do to you?"

Elly looks over, smiling. She grabs the ball off the ground, walking over to the bleachers to sit by Jazmyne. "Thanks."

Jazmyne nods, handing her the water bottle and watching her chug it half empty.

"You feeling better, babe?"

Elly nods. "Think so. Feels good to let off steam. Although, my mom has been blowing up my phone."

Jazmyne giggles and grabs Elly's phone. "Damn. Five missed calls. Who is she the cops?"

"Ew. Fuck the cops. And fuck her."

Jazmyne smiles. "Well. I won't stop you...Plus, you look good in a wife beater, though I hope the title doesn't apply to you."

Elly lets out a laugh, shaking her head. "Over my dead body." She stands up, turning to kiss Jazmyne on the lips. "Hm. I'll be done in a few, alright mamas?"

Jazmyne blushes and nods. "Go on, Guerra. I'll just be sitting over here fanning myself."

**