Fourteen

Benjamin jumps into Noah's bed, texting his mom. "Did you hear what Gabi did today?"

"No".

Noah walks out his closet, turning on his tv. "She literally told Kiara off".

"Really?"

"Yeah. Apparently I get everything I want".

"Really? That's a low blow".

"Right. I mean, really. Who wants to get beaten up every other day".

Noah sits by him, frowning. "I'm sorry we weren't there".

Benny shrugs, leaning into Noah's touch. Noah smiles, grabbing Benny's chin to kiss him. Benjamin smiles, putting his arm as around Noah's neck to kiss him back.

"¡Noah! ¿Estás en casa? ¡ Papá y yo estamos trabajando hasta tarde!"

Noah! Are you home yet? Dad and I have to work late.

Benjamin jump from Noah, scared out of his mind.

"¡ sí, mamá! ¡ Ordenaré la cena!"

Yes, mama. I'll order dinner.

"Sí.Te quiero".

Yes, I love you.

"Te amo también mamá".

I love you too, mama.

Benjamin sits up, looking at Noah. "Sorry about that. She likes to speak in Spanish. Comes more fluent to her".

"And you?"

"Well yea. I easily understand it".

Benjamin nods, removing his arms from Noah. "I think I had a mini heart attack".

"I think you did. I think I felt your heart jump out your chest".

Benjamin giggles, leaning back in to kiss Noah. He pulls Benny onto his lap, kissing back.

**

Kiara washes off her makeup, looking in the mirror.

She still had pictures of her and Benjamin up. She tears up, Zoē walking in.

"Your thinking of him?"

"We're doing him wrong, Zo...he's never betrayed us like this".

"When did we become those girls? Who...dropped their best friend for a guy".

"We owe him something....I think..you need to break up with Katen".

"What?"

"It's the right thing to do. I know you really like him, but others will come your way".

"B-".

"Zoē! What happens if he kills himself? Knowing what we could've done to stop it would be our greatest mistake".

"You're right".

Zoē grabs his phone out her back pocket, calling Katen.

**

"Noah..stop...Noah stop it".

Noah chuckles, tickling Benjamin again. "Stop it!"

Noah leans down, kissing him in his neck, causing him to giggle more. "Stop it! You're so annoying".

The doorbell rings, Noah getting up. Benjamin fixes his, well Noah's, hoodie before sitting up.

"Oh! The food is here".

-

Four episodes of Breaking Bad and most of the Chinese food was gone. Benjamin checks his phone, the clock reading nine.

"You should probably take me home. My mom might start to worry". Benjamin lifts his head off Noah's chest.

"Okay. Lemme go grab my shoes".

Benjamin nods, smiling. He's never been in a relationship and this one felt good.

Noah walks back down, keys in hand. "Let's go".

**

Benjamin kisses Noah before getting out his car. "I'll see you tomorrow, babe".

"Okay, thank you for dinner".

"No problem. See you in the morning".

He leans over and kisses Noah once more.

"I don't know girls, he should be home by now. Noah said he was bringing him home".

Kiara grabs her cup of water, sipping it. Benjamin walks in, setting his keys down before heading upstairs.

"Hey, Benny! Come in here really quick".

"Uh, hold on, let me put my things away".

Ms.Evans smiles softly at the girls, Benny walking downstairs.

"So, Momma. I'm pretty sure Noah and I are getting serious. He took me on a date after school and-".

He stops on the last step, seeing his mom sat with Kiara and Zoē. "Is that Noah's hoodie?"

Benjamin looks at his mom, "I'll be upstairs".

Benjamin walks over, sitting on a bar stool away from them. He looks at the two, looking down.

"We wanted to talk. About everything".

Benny looks at them, nodding.

"For starters, I broke up with Katen...felt like the right thing to do".

Kiara nods, "Benjamin, we're sorry, Okay? I guess we just got insecure, I mean we always talked about what it would be like to be popular".

"I think the popularity talk just got to our heads. And the only way to achieve that, was to bully you".

Benjamin tears up, "You were my best friends...best friends don't do that".

Zoē nods, "We know...that's why we're saying sorry".

Kiara sits up, "Look, Benny. It was a insecurity thing. We didn't mean to hurt you. We just fell out with the wrong crowd".

"A-and were totally fine with the feminine you, it makes you unique and yourself. I noticed you haven't been wearing fem clothes anymore".

Benjamin wipes the single tear that fell, before his phone goes off. He looks over, seeing Noah's name pop up.

Kiara nods, "Go ahead, take it".

Benny grabs his phone, answering.

hey, baby. wanted to know something.

uh sure, what's up?

so, i wanna take you on a proper date, like dressing up and everything.

Benjamin giggles, of course, I'd love that.

okay. so Friday? and maybe you could spend the night at my house.

I'll ask my mom.

okay, great. goodnight, see you tomorrow, baby.

goodnight.

Benjamin hangs up, "Sorry".

Kiara and Zoē nod. "So...do you forgive us".

"Uh, I appreciate what was said and what you did..but I think I need time...to think..".

"Yea, Okay..Okay.".

"Sorry".

Benjamin grabs his phone before walking upstairs. Kiara frowns, "We probably just ruined one of the most genuine friendships ever".

**

Benjamin gets into the shower, washing his body.

Did he want to forgive him?

Could he?

Was it right?