Twenty Nine

Elly grabs her sweatpants and put them on followed by a Nike tee shirt. She puts her curly hair up in a ponytail and grabs her beanie to put on.

She walks downstairs and sits down next to Benjamin. "Where Noah at? I need to talk to him".

"He's talking to his mom right now. Everything okay?"

"Mhm". Elly grabs her phone and licks her lips.

Noah walks out and rolls his eyes, setting a paper down on the island. Elly looks over, "What's up?"

"It's a from my grandma. It's nothing".

Elly nods, "Can we talk?"

Noah nods, "Yeah what's up?"

"It's just-..." Elly looks over to Benjamin, "Jose, mis hermanas ex novio viene a la ciudad y tenemos que ayudar a sacarla de las drogas".

(Jose my sister's ex-boyfriend is coming down to town and we need help to get her to get off the drugs)

Noah sighs, "¿Cómo se supone que hagamos eso?"

(how are we supposed to do that)

Elly sighs and shrugs. Her phone rings and she gets up off the bar stool. "Be right back".

Noah nods at her and grabs a cereal bowl for Benjamin. "Are you guys talking about me?"

"What-..no. It's just her family business and she doesn't want anyone else knowing".

"Your parents can understand it".

"Babe-".

"I'm kidding. Just..make sure she's okay..she's seems nice".

*
Benjamin gets into Gabi's car since they were gonna hang out today. Noah walks over, leaning into the window. "I will text you later. Gonna keep Elly company".

"Okay. I probably won't answer right away we're going to the mall".

"Okay. Just call me when you finished".

"I will". Benjamin leans over and kisses Noah once. Noah smiles and kisses back backing up.

Gabi smiles and waves to Noah. Noah smiles before looking down to Benjamin once more. He backs away from the car and Benny rolls the window up.

Gabi smiles, "So. Kiara and Zoē invited me to lunch".

"What?" Benjamin looks over.

Gabi grabs her phone, pulling up the messages before handing her phone to Benjamin.

Benjamin scoffs and then laughs, "Yo! What am I even doing anymore? I haven't said a word to those two and I'm-," Benjamin looks back to the phone, "Being rude?"

Gabi shakes her head, "I'm not gonna go".

"No. No, you should. I wanna see what they have to say about me. I'm tired of-".

"Okay. I will. Tomorrow. And I promise i will tell you everything".

"Thank you". Benjamin smiles and looks over at her.

Gabi smiles and starts to drive off, "So? Elly? Is she nice?"

Benjamin nods, "I like her. Noah and her seem close. Like siblings".

"She seems rude. Also, is she gay?"

"I mean. She got pretty upset when Hayley called her a....Slur....The D one...so maybe..hasn't spoken in it".

"I'm not gay or anything but she's fine".

Benjamin looks over, "Pretty sure that makes you gay".

*
Elly sighs and looks up at Noah. "Can I smoke hookah in the house or..?"

Noah shrugs, "Open up the window. My parents won't be home till late".

Elly nods and grabs the bowl from the hookah. She goes into Noah's bathroom and sighs, "I wanna go on vacation".

"Vacation? Where?"

Elly shrugs as she cleans out the bowl. "Like..to my country, bro. DR".

"Word? Can't imagine going back to Venezuela".

"Thought you lived in DR?"

"I did for most my life. But the other few years were spent living in Venezuela and I hated it".

"Damn. Sorry, bro".

"It's aight. Still adjusting to the states. It's mad different here".

Elly nods and walks back out, "It hella different here than in New York".

Noah nods, "You adjusting well?"

"Hell no. People odeing too much here".

"You right about that. Never seen so much drama till I moved here".

Elly sits down on a stool next to Noah's window. She puts the pipe up to her mouth and blows the smoke out the window.

**
Hayley blows her nose and looks at Kiara. "We can be friends, right?"

Zoē hands her another tissue, "Of course. Under one condition".

"Okay? What?"

"We out for Benjamin".

"What do you mean?"

"We're mean girls. Understand?"

Hayley nods and wipes her face. "Can you help me get Lucas back".

"Of course. But first, we need to give you a makeover. You're already gorgeous but we need to get you clothes like us and stuff".

Hayley nods and smiles, "Okay. I'm in".

**