Twenty

Noah smacks Benjamin's ass, grabbing his hand. "Don't do that, slut".

"Suck my dick".

"That's Porn".

Gabi walks over, frowning. "Are you gonna go to the basketball game with me?"

"Of course! I barely know Hayley. Plus, we're making our matching jerseys remember?"

"You're making jerseys?"

"Well I have one of yours, but I'm gonna sew your name into it and make it glittery".

"One of mine?"

"The one that didn't fit you. That you said you didn't feel like returning cause you already paid for it".

"Oh go ahead".

Benjamin smiles, leaning against Noah. He sees Lucas, making out with Hayley. Gabi sees, blushing, "I'm gonna catch you guys later, okay? See you at lunch".

Benjamin makes an attempt to grab her arm, but fails. He sighs, watching her run off.

"Maybe we could have a girls night? You know, without boyfriends and crushes".

"I'm offended".

"Come on. You and Lucas could hang out, while Gabi and I,do the same".

"How is Hayley gonna feel? Being left out, I mean?"

"We barely know her...".

Noah nods, and the bell rings. He grabs Benny's hand again, "Let's get to class".

**

At lunch, Benjamin sets his lunchbox down, sitting next to Gabi. "Hey so Friday, wanna have a girls night? Like we could go shopping, watch movies?"

"Sure! We're not invit-".

"No...god no".

Gabi and Benjamin start giggling, as Hayley walks over. "What's so funny?"

Benny turns, "Oh nothing..".

"So. I was thinking, would you wanna go get your nails done with me? And go shopping?"

"Oh I-".

"Not you Benjamin, Gabi. You can't get your nails done...and I'm pretty sure you're suppose to shop in the men's section".

Gabi clears her throat, "Sorry but Benny and I have plans".

Benjamin grabs his salad out of his lunchbox, gulping, trying to hold back tears.

Noah looks over, frowning. "What's up, babe?"

Benjamin shakes his head, grabbing his fork. Noah looks at Gabi, them looking at each other before Noah gets up.

"Come here for a sec, would ya?"

Benjamin gets up, and they walk out the cafeteria ".

"And by the way, since you're so uneducated, Benjamin can get his nails done. Fuck gender. And if he wants to wear girly clothes, then let him. That was so rude and you know it".

Hayley shrugs, "Whatever".

**

Benjamin grabs a moving box, going into his closet to clean it out.

He grabs most of his girly tops, throwing them in. He looks at his shoes, throwing away the more feminine ones.

Ms.Evans walks in, frowning. "Babe? What are you doing?"

"Oh um...just cleaning. I don't like any of this anymore so".

"Are you sure? Babe, you just got that sweater two days ago".

"Whatever".

He grabs the only dress he's ever owned, and wore once, and throws it in the box too. He looks at his closet, which was now just a bunch of hoodies and oversized tee shirts.

He walks over to his dresser, starting to throw out some more clothes. He closes the box, bringing it downstairs.

He walks back up, looking at his vanity. He tears up, shaking his head. His phone rings, Noah calling him. He ignores it, cleaning off his vanity.

His dad walks up, "Hey. What's that box downstairs? Your names on it".

"Uhm, just clothes I'm giving away, will you take it to the thrift store?".

"Alright, uh sure...are you okay?

"I'm fine, dad".

"You sure?"

"It's nothing dad. Seriously, I'm fine".

Benjamin gets up, walking into his bathroom and shutting the door. Benny grabs nail polish remover, taking his nail polish off.

He then grabs a makeup wipe, taking all his makeup off.

**

Benjamin gets in the car with Noah, they had snuck out in the middle of the night while his parents were...

being parents...

Noah grabs his thigh, smiling. "Want those chips you've been asking for?

"Yes please".

Benny giggles, "I've never done something so rebellious".

"Sneaking out to grab chips?"

"Sneaking out in general. But, I didn't wanna hear my parents have sex. Gross".

Noah chuckles, pulling up to Walmart. "Come on".

Benjamin grabs the bag of chips he wanted, but also stops at the candy isle. Noah smiles, reaching above him to grab the big bag of sour patch kids.

Benjamin giggles, "That's way too much. You're gonna loose your teeth".

Noah chuckles, "You gonna grab something".

Benjamin bites his lips, looking around when he sees the chocolate truffles. But the thing is, there was the small pack, and the big pack.

"Should I splurge and get the family size or just get the regular one? Why does the big pack cost a dollar extra?"

Noah reaches down, grabbing the big pack, smiling. "I'll pay. Come on, babe".

**

Benjamin sits on his bed, Noah in the phone. "You're not going home?"

"Not yet".

"What about your parents?"

"Fuck them. And fuck Mateo".

"Did something happen again?"

"They're just assholes. Taking his side for everything".

"Maybe it's because he doesn't get to see his parents a lot anymore?"

"I don't know....fucked up though".

"Sorry babe..I-".

"¡Joder! ¡aprende a conducir! ¡puta!" - fuck, learn how to drive! Bitch!

Benny frowns, getting up to turn off his lights. Noah sighs, turning into a parking lot, "Hey baby. I'll see you in the morning, Alright?"

"Okay...drive safe, please".

"Of course".

"Goodnight".

"Goodnight".

**