Ninety Three

tw: racism

w everything going on rn i hope everyone is doing okay !

**
Benjamin shakes his head. "No. Wait, mom...Dad, how do you get off being so awful to him? You just met him!"

"Son. Not right now. Your mother and I have things we need to get done."

"You don't get to randomly act like a good father and then he downright racist to my boyfriend."

Olivia looks over. "What?"

"I wasn't being racist. I was telling the truth. Was he even born in this country? Most Mexicans and, dare I say it, African Americans are unemployed. Why? Cause of-".

Noah shakes his head. "Yo! Can you shut the fuck up? My dad works his ass off in this country. He works two fucking jobs and lays his taxes the same way you do."

Benjamin's dad walks over to Noah. "You don't raise your voice at me. You understand me?"

Benjamin gulps and grabs Noah's arm to try and wedge between the two. "Dad stop."

Olivia walks over, grabbing Damien. "Stop! Stop it right now!"

Noah shakes his head. "You're fucking disgusting. I hope that child of yours who is unborn isn't taught with that mindset cause if they are then they're fucked!"

Damien reaches out but Benjamin's grabs his arm. "Dad!"

Damien grabs Benjamin's arm, throwing him to the ground. "Don't you fucking touch me."

Olivia furrows her brows, walking over to Benjamin. "Oh my god, honey. Are you okay?"

Benjamin nods, "Yeah...Yeah, I'm fine."

Olivia stands back up and looks at Damien, slapping him in the face. "Get out!"

Damien lifts his hands up in surrender. "Whatever."

Noah grabs Benjamin in a hug. "I'm sorry, bebesita."

Benjamin nods and presses himself against Noah. "I'm okay. Are you okay? I'm sorry he's like that...I'm so sorry. I didn't think he'd be here and-."

Noah backs up enough to see Benjamin's face. "Hey. You're not your dad. Stop taking the blame. I'm fine, baby."

Benjamin nods and leans back into the hug.

**
Noah closes the freezer, holding some frozen corn. "Will this work?"

Benjamin looks over and nods. "I guess so."

Noah smiles, setting it on the island for Benjamin to rest his wrist on. "You sure you don't wanna go to the hospital? It's really..Uh...What's the word?"

Benjamin sighs. "Swollen."

Noah nods. "Swollen and red."

Benjamin shakes his head. "I hit it on the coffee table when I fell...I'm fine, baby. Really."

"Okay. Where's your mom?"

"She took the legal papers to my dad's house. Said she was gonna give him a few words before they got to work."

Noah chuckles and nods. "Okay. So. What do you wanna eat? I could cook something?"

"N-No. I should. My dad just-."

Noah shakes his head and shrugs. "No, baby. You're hurt. Hurt badly, like I want you in the hospital hurt. I'm cooking." Noah turns back to the kitchen, opening the fridge.

**
The next day at school, Noah looks around for Benjamin. Lucas furrows his brows. "Don't you guys ride together?"

"Well, he said his mom was taking him but he missed the first period."

Lucas nods and turns from his locker. "Oh. He's right there."

Noah smiles as he sees him, but then frowns when he sees the brace on his wrist.

Lucas raises his eyes brows. "What happened?"

Benjamin smiles and looks up at Noah. "Uh...I hit it...Really hard. It's sprained and it was really hard to move this morning so my mom took me to urgent care."

Lucas hums. "Oh. I hope you're doing good." The bell rings and Lucas closes his locker. "I'll catch you two later. Lunch?"

"Mhm."

Noah leans down to kiss Benjamin once. "Told you so."

Benjamin looks up at him and smiles. "No need to gloat, Martinez."

"You got something for the pain?"

Benjamin nods. "My mom has them...For obvious reasons...But she gave me one today so."

"I thought with that you're supposed to not take pills at all."

Benjamin shrugs.

"I'm really sorry about yesterday. My dad is a certified asshole and I never thought he was gonna come home-."

Noah nods. "Stop. I'm fine, baby. Even though it's not okay for him to say that I'm okay. Trust me. I'm more worried about your wrist right now."

Benjamin nods as they walk to the classroom. "I'll be fine. I'm more worried about you."

Noah laughs and grabs Benjamin's face. "Hm. Seems like we should both take a break from worrying."

Noah leans in to kiss Benjamin once. "Have fun in class."

Benjamin smiles at him and walks into the classroom. Noah smiles back and walks a different direction to his class.

**