Hundred Thirty Seven

a/n: happy turkey day

**

Benjamin leans over and kisses Noah on the lips once. "Thank you. I'll see you on Monday."

Noah smiles, reaching his hand to rest on Benjamin's thigh. "Of course. I love you."

Benjamin smiles back and kisses him again. "I love you too. Drive safe. Text me when you get home."

Noah nods his head as Benjamin opens the passenger's door and hops out of the car. He grabs his bag from off the floor and waves bye to him.

Benjamin slides his phone into his back pocket and walks up to his dad's front door, knocking twice. His dad opens the door, looking past him at Noah.

Noah waves once before driving off.

"Thought your mom was dropping you off?"

Benjamin shakes his head. "She has to work tonight. I asked Noah."

Benjamin walks inside and sees Ana sitting on the couch watching the TV. He smiles at her. "Hi, Anna."

"Oh hey, Benjamin. How was school?"

"It was good. Thanks for asking." Benjamin starts to walk away to his bedroom.

"Hey! After dinner. You and I are gonna talk. Understand?"

Benjamin rolls his eyes before turning around to look at his dad and nods his head. "Okay."

"Excuse me?"

Benjamin clears his throat and nods his head again. "Uh, Y-yes sir."

**
Anna smiles. "So, Benjamin. Did you have fun? I heard you went out of town with your boyfriend?"

Damien looks over at Anna and rolls his eyes, grabbing his drink from off the table.

"It was good. It was really fun...Yeah, we had a lot of fun."

Anthony, Anna's son looks up. "Damn. If only mom would let me and my girlfriend leave town. That'd be fun."

Anna chuckles and shakes her head. "Oh no, Ant. You've only been with Melissa for a few weeks."

Damien nods his head. "Yeah. And teenagers shouldn't be able to do that anyway. You guys are kids, not adults."

Benjamin looks over at his dad before looking down at his plate. "I'm almost eighteen, dad-."

"Eighteen doesn't automatically make you an adult, Benjamin. You know that."

Benjamin blushes and closes his mouth, no longer wanting to speak. He sets his fork down, wiping his hands down on his pants. He scoots his chair back and stands up. "I'm gonna use the restroom."

He walks away before his dad can intervene, pulling his phone out from his back pocket to text Noah. He sets the toilet seat down so he can sit and speak to Noah.

he's being annoying.

what'd he say???

that being eighteen doesn't make me an adult? and that i'm still a "kid" and shouldn't be going out of town with my bf.

ew. what's his issue?

Benjamin hears his dad yelling at him from the dinner table and groans. He stands up and washes his hands before walking back out.

Benjamin sits back down in his seat.

*
"Benjamin! Downstairs now!"

Benjamin was completely focused, writing things down in a spiral notebook, taking notes for his robotics class. He looks down at his phone, where he and Noah were Facetiming. Benjamin sighs, smiling at him. "Call you later?"

Noah looks over at his phone from where he was playing video games. "Okay, bebesita. Love you."

"Love you too."

Benjamin sets his phone down on the bed, standing up, and walking downstairs. He grabs his jacket to pull it over his shoulder from where it had fallen.

He gets downstairs, seeing his dad and Anna sitting on the couch. "Uhm...Yeah?"

"Come all the way down here, son."

Benjamin rolls his eyes as he walks down the stairs, sitting down on the other couch. He looks up at his dad, shrugging. "What's up?"

"We need to talk about your adventure out of town with Noah-."

"Literally why? It's not that big of an-."

"Don't fucking interrupt me, Benjamin. We've talked about this. How it's important to be stealth in the shit you do outside of the house."

"For who? You? Dad, I'm not a fucking kid anymore. I don't have to abide by your stupid rules because you're embarrassed of me."

"Watch your mouth, young man. That boyfriend of yours has disrespected me, and you think you're okay to just-."

"No, dad. You disrespected him! You were being racist, of course, he was gonna speak back!"

Anna sits up on the couch, furrowing her brows and looking at Damien.

Damien gets up, standing in front of Benjamin. "Who the fuck do you think you're talking to?"

Benjamin flinches at his dad, backing up on the couch. He doesn't say another word, just looking at his dad.

"You don't get to just talk to me like I'm anybody! I'm your goddamn father and what I say, goes!"

Anthony opens the door to his bedroom, peeking his head out. He walks down the hall into Jade's room, furrowing his brows.

"Hey, what's going on?" He whispered.

Jade looks up from her computer, shrugging. "Something about him and his boyfriend?"

Anthony hums and walks to the staircase. Jade watches and stands up. "Ant, what are you-."

"Shh."

Jade sits down next to Anthony, them both having a clear view of the argument.

"You need to watch your mouth! That mother of yours-."

"Don't talk about mom! She's been there for me more than you ever have! Maybe you should be the one who needs to watch their mouth-."

From the stairs, Jade can be heard gasping as Damien landed a hard smack against Benjamin's cheek.

Anthony's eyes widen as he grabs Jade's arm. "L-Lets go...Come on, Jade."

Benjamin's eyes fill up with tears as he felt his cheek start stinging. He brings his hand up to hold his cheek, starting to feel panicky, like he did when he was younger.

"Watch your fucking mouth, Benjamin! You should know better. Go to your fucking room. Right now."

Benjamin scrambles to get past his dad, running upstairs into his room. He slams the door, sitting down with his back against the door.

He starts breathing heavily, his hands tangled up in his hair as he let a few tears fall.

Anna stands up from the couch, her arms crossed. Damien turns around to look at Anna.

"What is the matter with you?" Anna shakes her head at him. "That was wrong and you know it."

*