Hundred Forty Three

a/n: thank you guys for being so patient with me (:

**
Benjamin walks downstairs into the kitchen, his bag over his shoulders. Olivia looks over at him and smiles. "Hey, honey. All packed up?"

Benjamin nods his head and smiles at his mom. "Mhm. This is exciting!"

"When will Noah get here?"

"Uhm...I think like half an hour," Benjamin sits down and looks around the house, furrowing his brows. "Where's Zach?"

"Still sleeping. Do you want something to eat?"

"Mm. I think Noah and I are gonna get something to eat on our way up there."

"Okay. And who's place is this again?"

"Gabi's parents own a lake house like an hour away. They gave us permission to use it over the summer."

"Okay. Just making sure. Who's all gonna be there?"

"Elly and Jazmyne, Lucas, Gabi, and Noah. Tatiyana would've come but she had to go with her parents out of town."

"Okay. And you have money and everything? In case you guys need anything?"

"Mhm."

"And you're gonna be smart about everything? I know with groups drinking can be a thing, but you're gonna be smart about everything, right?"

"Yes ma'am."

"Okay. I'm not saying I condone you drinking or anything, but I'm not stupid."

Benjamin laughs. "Yes, I know, mom."

"And I want you to have fun, baby. I know with all the court and legal stuff you've been stressed but...Just take this time and have as much fun as you can."

After the court case, where Damien lost guardianship over Benjamin, he finished his last few months of school before they were out for the summer.

The group had decided to take a small trip out of town to clear their minds of anything that has recently happened.

*
Benjamin looks around at the lake house, shaking his head. "Jesus. This is so nice."

Noah scoffs. "Damn, how does her family own so much shit? What do her parents even do?"

Benjamin knocks on the door, not wanting to just walk in. Noah sets his hand on Benjamin's lower back, standing slightly behind him.

Gabi answers the door, smiling. "Hi!" She leans in and gives Benjamin a hug. "I've missed you, stupid. You've like...Gone off the planet."

Benjamin smiles and hugs her back. "Ugh, I know!"

Benjamin pulls away and walks inside. "Are we the first ones here?"

Noah smiles at Gabi, hugging her as well.

Elly sits up from where she was on the couch. "Try last."

Noah chuckles and sets his and Benjamin's bags down. "Damn. How are we always last?"

Elly shrugs. "Probably your little legs."

Noah rolls his eyes and playfully shoved Elly. "Really? You're like...five two, who are you? Kevin Hart?"

Lucas laughs at that.

Noah smiles to himself. "Now, I could use some help. We got bags full of snacks in my car. Let's go."

Benjamin follows Gabi into the kitchen area while the other three go back out to Noah's car.

Benjamin smiles at Jazmyne. "Hi!"

Jazmyne smiles back, running over to hug him. "Oh my god, hi! I missed you!"

"Me too."

Gabi shakes her head. "Isn't it crazy how much we've all been like...Away from each other?"

Jazmyne mods. "I know! School just took over, I feel like I haven't seen you guys in forever. Especially you, Benny. How'd everything go with your dad?"

"Uh...Weird, but it's okay. He lost like guardianship so I don't have to see him but he still has his parental rights over me which is so stupid."

Jazmyne rolls her eyes. "Literally why?"

"He made up some story about how he wasn't ready and he made mistakes that he now knows aren't right? Then the judge spoke to his step kids and I guess they swooned him."

Gabi sighs. "I hate him...He doesn't deserve any rights...You told them about the abuse, right?"

Benjamin shrugs. "I guess it wasn't enough. I didn't have any physical proof."

Jazmyne scoffs and leans against the counter. "So what? Trauma isn't enough? Just cause you don't have any physical evidence doesn't mean anything."

"My mom was super pissed and...Zach wasn't that surprised I guess. He said he's seen this happen a lot. A lot of cases are rushed cause they're not as important."

Gabi frowns and then shakes her head. "At least you don't have to see him anymore! That's good."

Benjamin smiles back. "I know! That's super exciting!"

Lucas walks into the kitchen, holding two packs of water bottles in his hands. "What's exciting?"

Noah and Elly appear behind him, holding bags filled with a plethora of different snacks.

Jazmyne's eyes widen. "Damn, Martinez. I think when Gabi asked to bring a few more snacks she didn't mean the entirety of Walmart."

Noah looks up at Jazmyne and shrugs. He laughs as he looks down at his hands. "The instructions were not clear."

Gabi looks down at the bags. "Oh wow. Thank you. I'll pay you back soon."

Elly sets her bags down, jumping up to sit on the countertop. "So, the Martinez's supplied snacks, I supplied the weed...Gabs, you got the alcohol?"

Gabi smiles and walks to the fridge to open it. "Mhm!"

**