Sixty Four

Elly was standing with Jazmyne at her locker, nodding. "Friday and I'll pick you up at seven".

Jazmyne smiles and nods, "Sounds good. Just know...You're gonna have to meet my father".

Elly sighs and nods, "Yup. I anticipated that".

Jazmyne looks up at Elly and smiles. Benjamin walks over, pushing his glasses up his nose. "Hey, Elly. Have you seen Noah?"

Elly looks over, "No. sorry".

Jazmyne smiles, "Oh my god. I love your outfit!"

Benjamin smiles at her, "Thank you! I love yours too. Orange is a good color on you".

Jazmyne smiles, "You really pull off the girly look. I like it".

Noah walks over, smiling. "Hey, princesa". Benjamin turns around, smiling. He leans up and kisses him once. "Hi".

Noah smiles, "Hey Elly. Jazmyne. Ready to go?"

Benjamin nods and grabs Noah's arm, "See you guys later. We should totally hang out or go shopping one day, Jazmyne".

Jazmyne smiles, "Definitely".

Noah handshakes with Elly and nods, "See ya later, bro".

**
Jazmyne sits with her parents, "I just...Wanted to give you guys a heads up".

Mrs.Harris nods, "Is everything okay, honey?"

Jazmyne nods, "Yeah. I just know you guys like to know everything that's going in so-...I'm talking to this girl, and we're, not dating yet, but we've been hanging out".

Mr.Harris nods, "What's her name?"

"Her names Elenor but she goes by Elly. I can show you guys pictures".

Her parents nod and Jazmyne pulls her phone out, showing them. Mrs.Harris uses one finger to scroll and smiles.

"Wow. She's pretty".

Mr.Harris hums, "From New York, huh? She treats you right?"

"Yes, dad. She really does. And she's really sweet. She may not look like it but once you get to know her".

Mrs.Harris, "These are the types of girls you like? Your last girlfriend was really girly".

Jazmyne nods, "I know. It isn't just about looks though, Ma...Anyways, she wants to take me out Friday".

Mr.Harris, "Okay, baby. I'd like to meet her, though".

**
Noah nods, "You got this baby, okay? I'm gonna be here with you the whole time".

Benjamin nods and knocks on Kiara's front door. Mrs.Benson answers the door, smiling. "Benny! Long time no see! Did Kiara invite you over? She's not home right now".

Benjamin smiles, "Uh, no. I actually wanted to talk to you, if that's okay?"

Mrs.Benson nods, "Is everything alright, love?" She invites the two in.

Benjamin nods, "Oh Uhm. This is Noah, you've met him, right?"

Mrs.Benson nods, "Yes. Benny is everything okay?"

"I just need to clear this up, cause Kiara hasn't told you yet but, Kiara and I aren't friends anymore".

"Really? What happened?"

Benjamin looks up and Noah, in which he smiles and nods. Benjamin looks up, playing with his nails when Kiara walks in.

**
Elly walks into her house, seeing Jason packing up his things. She walks over, sitting next to him.

Jason looks up, "Hey, sis".

Elly smiles and grabs a book off the table. "You gonna say hi to pops for me?"

Jason nods, "Of course...Whatchu up to?"

Elly shrugs and then smiles. "Taking a girl on a date, Friday".

Jason smiles and nods, "Same girl?"

Elly nods, "Yup".

Jason nods and smiles, "Look, man. I'm sorry I have to leave again. I just...can't afford to not be working".

Elly nods, "I get it. It just sucks. Eva is moving out too so, I'm gonna be here alone with Ana".

Jason nods, "I'm sorry. But, hey, pops is coming down soon. Just hold on to that".

Elly nods and hears the front door open. Ana walks in, "Elenor, go help your sister. The girls are fighting and Lola is crying".

Elly nods and gets up, walking out to the front. Jason stands up, walking over. "Before I leave can you please do me one favor".

Ana looks up, "What's that, sweetheart?"

"Will you please just call her Elly? And...Try to accept her? She really needs it".

Ana rolls her eyes, putting up the snacks she bought. "I'm not doing this right now".

"When will you ever? Does nothing ever change with you? It's always your way or the highway, mom, everyone is sick of it!"

Ana turns around, "Watch your mouth, Jason! You may be an adult but I am still your mother, do you understand me?"

Jason shakes his head, "Yeah. Whatever mom".

Elly walks in with Lola on her hip, "Its okay, baby girl. Shh. Stop crying". Lola looks up, pouting her lip.

Elly walks by, grabbing a snack for her. Ana shakes her head, grabbing her keys. "I'll be back". Elly watches as her mom leaves the house.

"Everything okay?"

Jason shrugs and closes a moving box, grabbing the tape gun.

**
Kiara listens to Benjamin explaining to Mrs.Benson everything that happened.

Benjamin wipes his tears, "And I'm not telling you this so you can be mad at her, or for you guys to pity me, but I just can't go around letting you guys thinking we're okay".

Kiara gulps, biting her lips. Her mom looks over at her and she looks down at her feet.

Mrs.Benson frowns, "Oh, Benjamin, I'm so sorry. I had no idea".

Benjamin nods and sniffs. "I just...Needed to get this off my chest".

Mrs.Benson nods and stands up to hug him. "Of course, honey. I am so sorry...So sorry".

Benjamin nods, "Uhm. We have to go. I didn't mean to stay so long".

"It's okay, honey. I'll be over to speak with your mother, okay?"

Benjamin nods and grabs Noah's hand, still trying to dry his eyes. Benjamin looks over at Kiara, sighing. "Bye, Mrs.Benson".

Mrs.Benson smiles and waits till she hears the front door close. "Is that true?... Kiara Elizabeth Benson is that true?!"

Kiara gulps again and her eyes swell up with tears. Mrs.Benson shakes her head, "I don't even know who you are. How dare you treat him like that? After everything! Especially when it involves Katen?!"

Kiara looks up, "I'm sorry, mom! But...Zoē-"

"I don't care about Zoē! I am disgusted by your actions, Kiara! I raised you better!"

**