Fifty Seven

Noah walks into school, sitting down in their chill spot. Benjamin follows him, frowning. "Are you sure you're okay?"

Noah nods and smiles, "Fine...Why?"

Benjamin shrugs, "You're acting strange...A-and you're oddly quiet".

Noah chuckles and shakes his head. "You're looking into it, babe. I'm fine".

Gabi walks over and smiles, "Hey guys! Excited for the party, Noah?"

Noah shrugs, "Just going to support Elly in bagging a girl...".

Gabi shakes her head, "Don't say it like that. Makes you sound like an asshole".

Noah nods and holds his hands up, "My bad...Aye, you know what Lucas can't go?"

"Did you read the text? He has to babysit-".

"Oh yeah, I read it...I just know when he's lying. You two alright?"

Gabi nods and shrugs, "We're fine".

Elly suddenly walks over with a bag of clothes in her hands. She smiles, walking over to the trash bin and throwing them away.

Noah looks over, "Mom dress you again this morning?"

Elly nods and turns back to the group, smiling. "Mhm".

Gabi gulps and nods, "Kay'...Well, I have to go..". She looks over, seeing Lucas walk over to the group.

Benjamin waves at her, "See you in math".

"Mhm". Gabi grabs her things, scurrying off.

Lucas walks over, sitting down with a coffee in his hands. Elly looks over, "You good, bro?"

Lucas looks up and nods, "Yeah...Uh..sorry about the whole party thing...Promise to make it up to you".

Elly shakes her head, "Nah, man. It's no biggie".

Lucas nods and stands up, "Aight. I gotta take a piss. See y'all at lunch".

The group watches as Lucas walks away. Benjamin sits up, "They're definitely fighting".

*
Katen walks over to his brothers, shaking his head. "Who the fuck is Jazmyne Harris?"

"Uh...Pretty mixed girl...Curly hair...She's a cheerleader...Her brothers are Meech, Elijah, and Korey".

"The football players?"

"Korey and Elijah are...Why?"

"Apparently she and Elly are talking or something. There's a party this weekend and they're going together or something".

"Oh damn. I ain't even know Jazmyne swings that way. She don't look gay".

"Right...She's was too pretty to be dating girls".

**
Noah sits down next to Lucas, "Hey bro. Can we talk?"

Lucas shakes his head, "If it's about Gabi then I'd rather not".

Noah furrows his brows, "Nah, man. It's Mateo ".

"Shit...Sorry...Uh is he good? What's going on?"

"His parents were in America for a week before getting deported...Mateo is scared his DACA is gonna expire before he gets his visa and he took off".