Twenty Two

Hayley runs up to Benjamin, who was looking for his book in his locker.

"Hey! So, me and my girls are going to get smoothies after school? Wanna join?"

Benjamin looks over, fixing his hair. "Mm....No thank you".

"Why not? Come on, I know Noah and Lucas have practice, and Gabi...who cares about Gabi".

Benjamin grabs his book, shutting his locker. "Do..I need to remind you of the homophobic comment.or?"

"Come on! That slipped, I didn't mean it..Come on! Please! You can even bring a friend".

Benjamin sighs, walking off with Hayley trailing behind. "I'll think about it".

Hayley's smiles, walking away. Benjamin sees Gabi, sitting next to her. "Please tell me you don't have plans after school?"

"I don't...why?"

"Perfect. We're going to get smoothies with Hayley". Benjamin gets up to walk to his next class.

"W-Wait...woah woah woah, what do you mean".

"She invited me. I'm too scared to say no...and I need you there incase I puke".

The bell rings, "Just talk at lunch, Okay?" Gabi watches as he walks off a confused look on her face.

**

Benjamin grabs Noah's hand, "I mean..if you really wanna, just saying you'll probably look ugly".

"Benny!"

"I'm just saying, brunette fits you".

Noah shakes his head, pushing him playfully. Benjamin giggles, pushing him back.

"Hey Benny! Wanna hang out after school?"

Benjamin turns around seeing Jackson. "Oh, Uhm..I can't, sorry. I have plans with Hayley".

"Oh...alright".

They continue walking. "Can I admit something to you?"

"Oh god...are you cheating on me?"

"No..just...Jackson and Caleb are on the team and they're really cool".

Benjamin stops in his tracks, "Excuse me".

"They've like...genuinely apologized for what they did and I-".

"You've been hanging out with them...behind my back? Are you serious?"

"Babe I-".

Benjamin shakes his head, "See you at lunch".

Noah frowns, watching Benjamin walk off to class. He knew it was a bad idea from the start, but didn't take Benjamin's feelings into consideration.

**

Benjamin sits down next to Noah, grabbing his pasta out his lunchbox. Noah looks at him, frowning.

"Can I explain?"

Benny stops chewing, looking up at Noah. "Yea..where you wanna go?"

"Our spot?"

Benjamin nods, setting his tub back in his lunchbox, before getting up and following Noah. Lucas stops them, "Where y'all going?"

"Needa talk".

Lucas looks over to Benjamin's facial expression before nodding. "Catch ya later?"

"Yea".

Noah sits down next to Benjamin, grabbing his hand. "I haven't been hanging with them. Just talking a little bit. B-but-",