Hundred Twenty Nine

Olivia looks at Benjamin from across the dinner table, a confused look on her face. "You wanna take a trip out of town with Noah? For how long?"

Benjamin shrugs. "Just the weekend. It would be just like if I were to spend the night at his house."

"So, why does it have to be out of town? Why can't you just stay at his place?"

"We want to getaway. Just the two of us." Benjamin grabs his cup off the table, taking a sip. "You ever just wanna get away?"

"I don't know, honey. It doesn't seem safe? What can't you do here that you can do out there?"

"It's not like that. We just want time to ourselves without...Interruptions?"

Olivia's eyes widen. "Interruptions? Is this so you two can...You know?"

"What! No...I mean...We just wanna do stuff for the two of us. And plus...There's nothing we can do out of town that we couldn't do here."

Olivia hums and looks down at her plate. "Well...Let me think about it."

Benjamin smiles and nods. "Okay."

**
Benjamin was sitting in the passenger seat of Noah's car while Noah was pumping gas.

Once Noah was finished, he got back into the car, starting it up and smiling at the full gas tank. Benjamin looks over at him. "Hey, so what did your parents say? About the trip?"

Noah buckles his seatbelt, shrugging. "They're cool with it. Why?"

"My mom said she has to think about it."

"Oh damn, really? We're not going that far, It's only like...An hour or two away."

"She's just...overprotective I guess. Were your parents just cool with it right away?"

"Mhm. Dad just asked when and where. I was thinking we should do it next week. We have Monday off of school so, Friday night we could leave."

"Okay. I'll tell my mom. Hopefully, she says yes."

Noah smiles and nods. "Mhm. Hopefully." Noah places his hand on the back of Benjamin's seat, looking out the back window to back up the car.

Benjamin watches him and smiles to himself. 

**
"Ooh. Sounds like fun. Where are you guys gonna go?" Gabi grabs two notebooks out of her locker.

Benjamin shrugs. "Not sure yet. I'm really hoping my mom says yes, I feel like that'll be fun."

"Mhm. You and Noah...No distractions?" Gabi says flirtatiously, making a seductive face.

Benjamin giggles and playfully pushes Gabi. "Shut up...Though, that is a plus."

Gabi smiles and laughs. "I knew it!-"

Jazmyne jogs up to the two at the lockers and smiles. "Hey guys, have you seen Elly? I haven't seen her yet today?"

Benjamin looks at Jazmyne, furrowing his brows. "I thought you guys ride to school together?"

"My dad dropped me off today. I haven't seen her and I asked Lucas and Noah and they haven't seen her either."

"She's not answering calls?"

Jazmyne shakes her head, frowning. "No. I'm worried...Remember she mentioned her mom wrote her a note? What if it's about that?"

Gabi frowns. "Don't worry. Maybe she just...Overslept?"

"Maybe. I don't know. I'm gonna swing by her place after school and make sure she's okay."

Benjamin nods. "Good idea."

"I just hope she's okay. She likes to shut down when she feels sad and I hate it. I don't know how to help her."

Benjamin frowns at her, reaching out to set his hand on her arm in a comforting way. "It's okay, Jazzy. I'm sure you do all you can. Just...Be there for her, you know?"

*
After school, Noah drove Jazmyne to Elly's house. He parks on the curb and looks back at Jazmyne. "Her car is here. Want me to wait for you?"

Jazmyne shrugs. "Y-yeah...Sure."

Benjamin looks back as well, smiling. "Everything's gonna be okay. Don't worry."

Jazmyne gives a small smile back and gets out of the car. Noah sits back and crosses his arms, sighing. "Fuck, Guerra. You better be okay."

Benjamin frowns as he watches Jazmyne walks up to the apartment door.

Jazmyne knocks on the door twice, tucking her hair behind her ears. Victor opens the front door, smiling. "Hey, Jazmyne."

"Hi...Mr.Guerra. Uhm...I've been trying to get in touch will Elly all day and I haven't heard from her at all...Is everything okay?"

Victor nods slowly, "Why don't you come in?"

Jazmyne nods and steps into the house. Victor closes the door behind her and frowns. "Is she okay?"

"Yeah. She is now...She just had a rough day...A really rough day."

Jazmyne nods. "What happened?"

Victor grabs an envelope off the table, handing it to Jazmyne. "Her mom wrote to her. And...She said some disturbing things about Elly. She kinda...Flipped out."

"Oh no. Where's the note?" Jazmyne opens the empty envelope, looking back at Victor.

"I gave it to my lawyer. I don't want Ana writing to her anymore and...I just hope he can do something about it."

Jazmyne's frowns, glancing back at the hallway leading to Elly's room. "Can I see her?"

Victor nods. "Sure."

Jazmyne smiles and sets the note down back into the coffee table. She walks down the hallway, knocking on Elly's bedroom door. "Elly?"

"Come in."

Jazmyne opens the door and sees Elly sitting on her bed. She gives her a soft smile. "Hi, baby. Are you okay?"

Elly nods her head and reaches out toward her. "Yeah...Hey."

Jazmyne smiles and sits down on the bed next to Elly, hugging her. "I was worried about you. You haven't been answering any texts or anything-."

Elly nods, hugging back. "I know, mamas. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

Jazmyne pulls away, looking up at Elly. "You're okay, though? Your dad told me what happened. I'm sorry she's so awful to you."

"Yeah. I'm okay...I just...Had a breakdown. I haven't had one since it happened and reading it just...I don't know triggered me I guess."

Jazmyne frowns and grabs Elly's hand. "You can always talk to me, baby. I love you."

"I love you, too."