40|the first chimera

This is the season finale, people, here you go!

(This is a bit shorter than normal, sorry)

——————————

Arriving at the Preserve, I took my phone out once more

Arriving at the Preserve, I took my phone out once more. I had lied to Isaac, and I felt bad about that, but he never would've come alone like Theo had asked me to.

To Isaac Lahey:
I'm sorry. I had to
If I'm not back soon, we're at the Preserve

Putting my phone in my pocket, I removed my keys from the ignition and climbed out of the car. Walking towards the entrance to the Preserve, I spotted Theo's car a few parks down. At least he wasn't lying this time.

Walking past the Preserve sign, I hadn't gone far before Theo stepped out from behind a tree. Hands in his pockets, he smirked as he looked at me.
"Honestly, I didn't think you were actually going to show up. Or not bring Stiles with you."

"You asked me not to bring him," I reminded Theo as I walked closer.

He laughed lowly, a smirk reaching his lips, "I wasn't sure you'd actually listen though, or that he would let you come here alone. Unless. . . he doesn't know?"

"I can look after myself," I told him. He didn't need to know about my argument with Stiles.

Theo bit his lip in an attempt not to chuckle, reaching a hand up to touch his neck. "You made that clear at the clinic."

Looking down at my phone, I saw it was almost two PM. I needed to get back into town soon and find Stiles and Scott before the Supermoon was at its highest.

"Alright, cut the shit. You wanted to talk, so let's talk," I said, closing some of the distance between us.

"I mean, I at least expected an apology to start, for when you nearly killed me at the clinic," he said innocently.

"I didn't come all the way out here to apologise to you, because believe me when I say that I'm not sorry at all. And you know what? Part of me wishes that Scott hadn't stopped me. So stop messing around and tell me what you want before I finish what I started."

His smile fell to a dark smirk as he looked at me, "You."

That wasn't the response I was expecting.
"Wait. . . what?"

"All of you," he elaborated. "I came home to Beacon Hills for a Pack, you see."

Nodding slowly, I took half a step back. "Well, good for you. But we already have an Alpha. And even if we didn't, you're not an Alpha. So-"

"Not yet."

Falling quiet, I began to put the pieces together. Turning us all against Scott left him unguarded, but what for? Theo wanted to be an Alpha, he wanted Scott's power. But he can't take it because he isn't his Beta.