5|karma

I'm enjoying writing from Stiles' perspective. I think it adds depth

Question of the Chapter: Which Teen Wolf adult would you want as your parent?

——————————

As they began Derek's discharge papers, the three of us waited at the front desk

As they began Derek's discharge papers, the three of us waited at the front desk. I was rather surprised that Scott had managed to convince Derek to come with us.

"I shouldn't have done that. I lied my ass off," Scott said quietly.

Stiles turned to him, leaning against the desk. "Hey, your ass is fine. You saved him a ton of unnecessary pain."

"And even though I don't think lying was the best route here, he trusts you now. That's what matters," I tried to reassure him.

Stiles nodded, taking my hand in his own and giving it a gentle squeeze. "Exactly. We can lie to protect people. We'll figure this out in a day or two, he goes back to being old Derek, everyone's happy. Except for Derek, who's never happy."

"It's just another person that we're lying to," Scott reminded us, as if we didn't already know. "I always feel like it's been better when we tell the truth. With Lydia, my mum, your dad, Charlotte."

"But see, none of those people have claws and fangs that they could use to rip our throats out, Scottie," I pointed out.

"He may be a kid right now, but he's still Derek Hale," Stiles told our friend.

The Alpha took a moment, before standing up straighter. "All right. Take him to my house and don't let him out of your sight."

"And where are you going?"

"I'm going to go talk to the guy we should have gone to before."

It didn't take a genius to know that he was talking about Peter.
"Do you want some back up? I mean, I know you're an Alpha and all, but this is Peter we're talking about."

"No," Scott said quickly. "I mean, I can handle Peter. Stiles will probably need help with Derek."

Stiles let go of me to throw his hands up as if offended, "Dude. First of all, I think I can handle little Derek, but I would like Riley to come with me. Secondly, this is a bad idea and I hate that guy."

Scott left without another word, not waiting to arguing Stiles' point. He was acting so jumpy lately and it was throwing me off. Usually I knew everything about Stiles and Scott, and lately, they both seemed rather closed off.

♧♤♢♡

We did as told and went to the McCall household with Derek, who was very unsure about going anywhere without Scott. But, he didn't really have many options.

"We're going to wait here for Scott. We're going to sit quietly. We're not going to call or talk to anyone," Stiles instructed the boy as we walked inside.