43|regret

Okay, back to Riley's POV now

——————————

Waking up, I sat up screaming, scratching at a box I was no longer in; digging at the dirt that wasn't there

Waking up, I sat up screaming, scratching at a box I was no longer in; digging at the dirt that wasn't there. I felt like I was still breathing in the dirt, the oxygen depleting by the second.

"Someone help me!" I screamed, tears in my eyes. "Stiles!"

When I felt arms wrap around me, I panicked further, my screams becoming louder. My eyes began to glow as I choked whoever was holding onto me. When they didn't let go, I pushed my ability further.

They let go, only to be slammed into the wall. I was about to turn to the person I thought was Theo when someone else placed their hands on my face.

I raised my hand, preparing to push them back also when multiple hands were grabbing onto me, pushing me back down under the ground. I felt a scream bubbling in my throat as I prepared to get them all to let go of me.

I didn't get the chance, however, as I heard a familiar voice, "Riley, Riley, it's me. Hey's it's Charlotte," she said quickly. "It's me."

My screams faded as I tried to calm myself down. Focusing long enough to take in my surroundings, I saw Charlotte standing above me, eyes wide with worry. Glancing over, the person I had thought to be Theo was revealed to actually be Isaac.

And then all the hands pinning me to the bed, I realised was just a group of nurses. Letting them hold me down, I tried to register what was going on right now.

"What? No. . . I was. . . the Preserve. . . Theo," I mumbled, trying to rearrange my thoughts.

The nurses let go as Charlotte approached me, wrapping her arms around me carefully. "You're okay now. You're in the hospital."

"We'll give you a moment while we find Doctor Geyer," one of the nurses said softly before they all left the room.     

I glimpsed over Charlotte's shoulder to see Isaac was climbing to his feet, rubbing his head slightly as he cautiously made his way back over. His steps were careful, not wanting me to attack him again.

Charlotte let me go, allowing me to sit up and look at them both. I felt that my breathing was still unsteady as I tried to think. "What happened?"

Isaac approached, giving me a moment before he took a seat on the bed in front of me, "I got your text."

His words unlocked the memory in my head of what lead to me being here. The fight with Scott, the fight with Stiles, meeting with Theo, the needle in my neck, being buried in a box, pain, screaming until my throat felt raw, more pain, and then everything going black.

Tears pricked in my eyes as I pushed up out of the covers and onto my knees so that I could wrap my arms around Isaac's neck. His arms made their way around my waist, holding me close as I sniffled into his shoulder.
"I thought no one would find me. That I wouldn't see any of you again," I whispered.