57|erased

I'm not ready for Stiles to disappear. I've been excitedly dreading this ever since I started writing the second book

——————————

It didn't take much to convince Scott to come along after he had seen the shard of glass

It didn't take much to convince Scott to come along after he had seen the shard of glass. The blue-green tint wasn't normal, anyone could tell.

Just in case though, Scott took it to our biology teacher to get a second opinion. While he did so, Stiles and I waited out in the hallway.

"You're really sure about this, aren't you?" I asked quietly.

A moment passed before he nodded. "I know you don't want it to be, and I don't want you to think that I want this to be supernatural for the sake of it being supernatural-"

"I don't think that," I told him quickly. "I get why you want it to be. Saving everyone when the Beast attacked, you felt something. I saw it in you; it's the sort of person you are. That's why you want to go into law enforcement like your dad, right?"

He pursed his lips, before nodding. "Sometimes, I feel like you know me better than anyone."

I nodded also, a small smile on my face, "And being that person, I know that you're not going to stop until you've helped this boy. So, for better or worse, I'm going to be by your side the whole time."

He put an arm around me and hugged me to his side, resting his head against my own. "Thank you for always believing me," he whispered.

A few minutes later, Scott finally emerged from the classroom, holding up the shard. "We need to go and check out that house."

"Are you okay with making that 39 classes you've missed, Scottie?" I asked the boy as we began to walk out the door.

"I don't think we have much of a choice," he admitted.

We had barely taken five steps out the door when Mrs Martin blocked our path. She forced us all to turn around, grabbing the boys by their backpacks and shepherding us all back into the school. "None of you are going anywhere. 38 classes, Scott. I had to beg the superintendent."

"Mrs Martin, Scott is the sworn protector of Beacon Hills," Stiles said.

Releasing the boys' bags, Mrs Martin gave us all a small push forward back towards our classes. "He can protect it at 3:30."

She stood watching as the three of us walked away, not looking back at her. I glanced at my two best friends, brows furrowed. "We're not waiting until 3:30, right?"

♧♤♢♡

Not having a way out of the school where Mrs Martin wouldn't figure out we had left, we were forced to go to class. We had our history class for our final period, where the teacher decided to just chuck a video on while she corrected work.