21|one day off

I love Lydia and Riley's relationship progression from sort've enemies to frenemies to best friends

Question of the Chapter: How would you have liked the series to end, if you could have had a say?

——————————

✧*:・゚Stiles・゚:*✧

✧*:・゚Stiles・゚:*✧

Being apart from Riley that first night since the end of the Deadpool had had my anxiety on high alert. I wasn't someone who desperately needed to be with their partner every second of the day, but considering that she had just been hunted, knowing she was okay was something on my mind.

Getting ready for school felt so strange. We had literally been dealing with assassins less than twenty-four hours ago, and now we were expected to just go to school like nothing had happened?

Finishing getting ready and grabbing my keys, I decided I had something else in mind.

♧♤♢♡
✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

Sitting waiting out the front of my house, I was beginning to get worried that Stiles had forgotten that he offered to pick me up. Checking my phone, I saw that we had barely ten minutes to be at school.

Iris had gone to see Deaton, and Charlotte had dropped Lydia home on her way to work so that the girl could change into a fresh set of clothes before school. I offered mine, but Lydia insisted on her own, saying she needed to feel like nothing had changed.

I wasn't sure what she expected though. Maybe she was right in trying to pretend like things were normal for a while; we hadn't been able to do that in so long. I could barely think of one day where we hadn't thought about or had to deal with something supernatural.

My foot began tapping as I grew impatient, staring at the minutes going by on my phone. I had tried calling him, but he just said he'd be here soon. When it reached five minutes to school starting, I called him back, but he didn't answer.

With a sigh, I grabbed my keys out of my bag and walked over to my car. I was already going to be late, so I figured I'd stop at his house on the way and make sure that he was okay.

Getting in my car, I inserted the key and turned it to start the engine. Just as I was backing out of the drive way, another car came screeching to a stop behind me. Slamming on the break quickly, I stopped before hitting bumpers with the other car.

I didn't have to look to know who was behind me. Climbing out of my car and locking the door behind me, I threw my hands up a little.
"Where were you? I've been waiting for ages."

Stiles walked with a smile on his face, not saying a word as he grabbed me and kissed me. It wasn't just a peck hello either, it was a proper passionate kiss, his tongue passing over mine.