30|chimera

We're getting close to that chapter, and I'm super stressed because Stiles and Scott fighting makes me so sad, and now I've got to put Riley through it too ughhh

From here on out, it's just Riley's POV

——————————

✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

It had begun to get late, and Melissa didn't want us all staying late since the next day we still had school. I had been reluctant to leave at first, not want Lydia to wake up alone, but her mother assured me that she would call me as soon as she was awake.

I was still hesitant, but Melissa just continued to lead us all towards the door. Stiles offered to drive both Scott and I home, while everyone else was getting picked up. We both accepted, and the ride was rather quiet.

When Stiles pulled over at the front of my house, I opened the car door and got out. Stiles didn't leave straight away, tapping his fingers on the wheel.

"Are you sure you don't want me to stay? With everything going on, you know."

I shook my head with a small smile, walking around to the driver's side of the Jeep. "I'll be fine. Charlotte and Iris are both home and you should be with your dad. Don't worry about me."

Leaning through the open window, I kissed gently. "I'll see you tomorrow."

As I went to go inside, I heard the Jeep door open. I thought it was going to be Stiles again, but when I turned around, I was face to face with Scott. His face wasn't showing many expressions, so it was making it rather hard to know what to expect.

"I- I wanted to ask you about, um, what you said in the parking lot," he said almost nervously.

"You guys can't actually be serious right now? We've all killed or almost killed someone before, and we all were given the benefit of the doubt."

"Guys, let's just concentrate on catching her first. We'll figure out the rest later."

"Okay, well, come and get me when you decide that killing her isn't a part of the plan."

Clearing my throat, I nodded, "What about it?"

Scott seemed unsure, but he was the one who wanted to have this conversation. He looked over his shoulder to Stiles, but he wasn't getting out of the Jeep; he knew this wasn't a conversation he needed to be a part of.

"I shouldn't have stayed quiet-"

"No, you shouldn't have," I said firmly, cutting him off. "But you did."

"I know," he replied, head bowed.

"Scott, you don't get to pick and choose who you find worthy of a second chance, you understand that, right?"