81|biology

Only three episodes to go

——————————

The next morning we did just as Scott said we would

The next morning we did just as Scott said we would. The two of us and Isaac drove down to the clinic in the Jeep to meet with Liam, Mason and Theo, who were already there waiting for us.

Scott got right into it, revealing a phone that he and Malia had found yesterday when searching for the Primal pack. Putting it on the table, he hit play on the new message that had most recently been left on the phone.

"Hey, it's me again. I, uh, don't know why you can't call me back. Maybe it's because you think you're punishing me. But this is too long. I-it's too much. And it's not about us. Something's happening in Beacon Hills; to the people here. I just. . . I just, I need to know everyone there with you is okay, so can you just, please, call me, please. 

"One call, that's all I'm asking for, and if you can't call me back, then I'm going to get my answer, anyway. That means I'm coming up there myself. If I don't get a call from you, I'm coming up there. So just try. . . try to remember, it's my pack, too."

"You pulled this off of one of the bodies in the woods?" Theo asked as Scott picked the phone up and closed it.

"Malia did," Scott clarified. "Yeah, there were six dead bodies, and one of them had no face."

"Okay, so the one with no face, you think that's the woman on the phone?"

Scott shrugged as he leaned against the table behind him. "Maybe."

"It's the same thing that happened to Aaron," Mason pointed out. "It took over his body, basically stole his face and his DNA. So that means whoever this woman is, she could be the other half of the Anuk-ite."

"Which means she's only half of the problem," Theo grumbled. "The other half we already know about - Aaron."

"That's great and all, but we don't actually know where he is," Isaac reminded the chimera.

"Aren't we supposed to keep both apart?"

I ran a hand through my hair, sighing, "That's going to be hard if we don't know where one is, or who the other is."

Theo shrugged, "Well, we know about one, so why not just go after that one."

"I'm not agreeing with Theo, but I do think it'd be easier to track Aaron over a voice on the phone," Mason said almost cautiously.

We all looked at him, more than surprised that he was siding with Theo. No one was more frustrated by this than Liam, who clenched his jaw and pointed between the boys, "That's agreeing with Theo."

"Yeah," Mason dragged. "But I thought I'd try to soften the blow."

Theo's brows pulled together, offended by the insinuation. "Is everyone completely shocked that I might be right?"