27|you trust everyone

Stiles and Scott go through such a rough time in their friendship this season, and it makes me sad because they're basically brothers.

——————————

✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

A yawn escaped me, only to be cut short by Stiles putting his hand over my mouth.
"He's a werewolf with super hearing, remember?" He scolded.

"And I'm a Sylph who wanted to be in bed an hour ago."
I proceeded to let my yawn out as slowly and quietly as possible, Stiles not looking away from me to make sure I wasn't making noise.

When he was satisfied, he turned back to Theo.
"I told you guys he was up to something."

Theo had driven out to the Preserve in the dark and was now retrieving an item from the boot of his car. He took a moment to glance around him as the door to the boot closed shut.

Liam looked rather unimpressed, "We just spent three hours watching this dude play video games in his bedroom. He better be out here covering up a mass murder."

"You're the one who decided to sneak into the Jeep, stowaway, so don't bitch," I told him.

"You were just complaining."

"I'm not a stowaway."

"My God, I'm partnered with children," Stiles mumbled beneath his breath. "Let's just find out what he's doing."

Stiles was moving before I got the chance to defend against the 'children' comment. Liam lead the way, tracking Theo by scent so that we didn't have to get too close to him. The last thing we needed was him seeing us basically stalking him.

"You still got the scent?" Stiles asked the boy.

Liam shrugged, pointing to the ground, "Don't need it."

My eyes followed to where he was pointing, to find that Theo was leaving behind footprints. "Don't you think that if he were up to something, he probably would be trying harder not to leave tracks?" I asked quietly.

Stiles was about to answer, when we both noticed that Liam had stopped walking.
"What? What's wrong?" My boyfriend asked.

Liam looked over his shoulder in no particular direction, before turning back to us. "I forgot. I was supposed to meet Mason at the school gym."

"Okay, why didn't you just tell him?"

"Tell him what?"

I frowned, feeling bad for the kid. Stiles and I knew what that was like having to lie to those around us.
"Anything, Liam. Anything is better than nothing at all. Trust me."

The boy sputtered as he looked at me, "I can't just tell him anything."

"Why not?" Stiles asked.