12|not worth it

I hate to see my babies fight

Question of the Chapter: Would you be understanding of why they kept her parentage from her if you were in Riley's position?

——————————

I woke up to Malia shaking my arm, saying my name

I woke up to Malia shaking my arm, saying my name. Groaning a little, I sat up and checked the time on my phone; it was only seven in the morning.
"What's up?"

"Isaac is here. He says he's not leaving until he can talk to you," Malia replied with a roll of her eyes.

Getting up and grabbing my clothes, I headed towards the bathroom. "It's fine. Tell him I'll be there in five minutes."

She nodded and I went and got changed, before heading to the front door. Isaac was standing there awkwardly, hands in his pockets as he stared down at his shoes.

"I'll call you later," I told Malia, giving her a quick hug before walking out the front door with Isaac.

He lead me over to his motorbike holding out the spare helmet. I hesitated, before taking it from him.
"How did you find me?" I asked as I secured the helmet.

He pursed his lips as he looked at me, "Charlotte told me you were here."

"I knew I should have told her to keep it to herself," I mumbled as I climbed onto the back of the bike.

Isaac didn't say anything, but I could tell he was nervous. He hadn't known about the whole Peter thing, but the way he threatened Stiles wasn't forgotten on me.

My arms were wrapped tightly around Isaac as we rode through the streets of Beacon Hills. I didn't know where we were going, and I honestly didn't care. I had so much going on in my head at the moment, an Alpha could attack us and I probably wouldn't even notice.

When Isaac stopped, I looked around to realise that we were at the Beacon Hills lookout. Back when we were dating, Isaac and I would come up here when we wanted to be somewhere quiet.

"You told me once that you thought you did your best thinking here," he told me softly after putting the brakes down on his motorbike. We both climbed off of the seat, making our way towards the edge of the lookout.

I felt myself smile slightly at the thought, knowing he took me here on purpose. We talked about a lot of things here, mainly just trying to help each other. I obviously found out later that Isaac didn't exactly share everything with me, but I didn't hold that against him anymore.

There were bigger things.

As we took a seat on the wooden bench and stared out across Beacon Hills, I found myself pulling the list out of my pocket and staring at my name. I had accepted it at this point, but it still didn't feel real.

"So, you really didn't know?" Isaac asked quietly.

Of course I didn't know! I wanted to yell. Do you think I would have reacted that way if I had known this?