14|my everything

Oof, that last chapter just screamed filler.

Sorry, but it was all necessary. Can't really just skip over everything that happened like it never happened, you know?

I really like this episode. It was intense

Question of the Chapter: Do you guys have any questions for me?

——————————

✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

Less than an hour later, the school was in complete lockdown. Members of the Centre for Disease Control were rushing through the halls in their hazmat suits, setting up to quarantine us from the rest of Beacon Hills.

They worked fast, setting up stations for the infected so that they could try and figure out what was wrong with them.

Malia, Isaac and I sat alongside each other in the classroom, waiting to hear what was going on. Kira and Stiles had joined us at some point. I didn't tell him to go away, I was too preoccupied with trying to figure out what was happening.

"Bet they're thinking it's smallpox," Stiles said to us.

"Not likely," the test administrator intercepted, apparently having been listening in to our conversation. "Smallpox was eradicated worldwide in 1979. We've only managed to completely eradicate two viruses in history. The other was rinderpest. It killed cows."

"So we should be comforted by that, right?" Stiles asked, trying to be optimistic.

"Unless it's something worse."

The man focused back on whatever he was reading, no longer paying attention to us.

"He seems fun," Isaac muttered.

Malia sighed, "Well, whatever it is, they're taking it pretty seriously. They're a lot of cars and trucks out there. Stiles, your dad's with them."

Focusing my hearing, I heard the Sheriff speaking also. They were just discussing their best options in closing off the school.

Stiles got up from the desk he was sitting on, reaching for the tub of enveloped phones. "Hey, I should probably call him."

"Don't bother," the administrator told him. "They would have shut off any access to all outside communication by now. No cell service, no WiFi. No one starting a panic. Looks like we're all just going to have to wait here and see what happens."

The man was oddly calm, and it unsettled me.

The room was beginning to feel warm, resulting in me removing my jacket. It was that sort of weather where it felt like it was a bit hard to breath, which made me uncomfortable considering that I'm a Sylph.

I tried to regulate the air around me, pulsing it through my lungs at a regular rate, but nothing was helping. It almost felt like I was getting sick, except I wasn't supposed to be able to get sick.