25|senior scribe

Did you guys trust Theo at all to begin with? I watched Pretty Little Liars, so I wanted to believe he was the good guy, but he always gave me bad vibes!

——————————

✧*:・゚Stiles・゚:*✧

✧*:・゚Stiles・゚:*✧

"Nothing from Scott or Kira," Malia told us as we got under cover. Some time while we were inside the hospital, it had started pouring rain. Thankfully, I had managed to get a park fairly close to the school, so we weren't too wet.

I checked my phone, not that it did much good since we still had no signal. "And nothing from Lydia either."

"And I still don't know if I passed."

"They're all going to be here. No one is missing Senior Scribe," Riley claimed, gripping her phone. "And Malia, you're going to pass. You studied so hard, it's going to pay off."

Isaac checked his phone, before looking around. "Maybe you guys should wait out here, and Malia and I will go see if they're inside?"

"Yeah, okay, good idea."

Malia hesitated for a moment, before nodding and following Isaac inside. Riley watched her sister go, biting her lip.

The past few years had been difficult, so I could understand why she was so against Scott's statement from earlier. The fact that things either had to get really good or really bad was daunting, especially in a town like Beacon Hills where it was more likely to sway one way than the other.

We stood together, watching as seniors began to filter into the library, huddled under their umbrellas. It almost felt strange. At certain points over our time since Scott was bitten, I wasn't sure if I'd ever make it to Senior Scribe. And now we were there.

When I felt a hand on my shoulder, I looked down to see Riley watching me, worry in her eyes. "Hey, what's going on with you?"

"Just anxious," I laughed. "But you should know that by now, since it's basically a constant state for me."

Her hand slid down my arm until she was holding my hand. "Why is this so important to you?"

"It's not."

Her eyes widened in doubt, brows raising. "Stiles."

I shook my head, squeezing her hand. "It's not. It's uh. . . I don't know. Maybe it is. I asked my dad the other day about his high school friends. Guess how many he still talks to? None. Not a single one. You know, these were his best friends and he just says he lost touch with them, you know. So I started thinking about things, like I always do."

"Neurotically," Riley clarified.

"Yeah. And so I'm thinking, what if. . . what if Scott's my best friend now you know, but he's not my best friend for life? And what if you're my girlfriend and love me now, but you decide that you've changed your mind later? How come when we graduate we're just expected to go our separate ways? If I've already found the best people in my life, why aren't I not trying to stay with them, you know?"