36|hallucination

This episode had me stressed, to say the least

——————————

Looking around, I noticed I was no longer at the clinic

Looking around, I noticed I was no longer at the clinic. Glancing downward, I also saw that I wasn't holding the fire extinguisher anymore.

"No, no, no, not now," I mumbled, trying to figure out where I was. Stiles was still passed out beside the Jeep. And I was here; in a hallucination.

The sound I had been hearing at the clinic came again, much clearer this time around. It was a doorbell. I followed the sound down the small hallway, still unsure of where I was. When I reached the end, I peered around the corner to see someone answering a front door.

"What a surprise," The woman said, sounding more disappointed than happy to see whoever was on the other side of the door.

She was tall with brown hair and light skin, and I recognised her immediately. She was younger than when I had last been with her, but it was my mother.

My breath caught in my throat as I began to look at my surroundings properly. The framed photos, the dark floorboards, creamy walls; it was my old house.

Being here and seeing her again almost made me cry. Had this been what they others had experienced in their hallucinations? It was so strange.

"You're not going to invite me in?" A man's voice said.

My mother hesitated for a moment, before stepping back. The man walked in, looking around the entryway to the house. He turned towards the hallway, revealing his face to me.

Again, he was younger-looking, but the man standing in front of the now-closed door was none other than Peter Hale.

"What's it been? Four years? Five?" He chuckled as he turned back to my mother.

"Not long enough," she pursed her lips, avoiding his gaze. "Peter, what the hell are you doing here?"

He stepped closer to her, shrugging, "I was just passing through, but then I got word that you were still living here. I remembered the last time; what a good thing we had going."

Did Peter actually care about my mother?

There were times when I would mention her in front of him and he seemed to get quite defensive. I just never imagined him caring about anyone other than himself, let alone my mother.

"Peter-"

"Oh, come on," he dragged, a smirk playing at his lips as he stepped closer. "I know I wasn't the only one. I mean-"

"Mummy," a voice interrupted. Looking to my right, I saw a small girl emerging from the shadows. She had lightly tanned skin, short dark hair and curious eyes.