51|getting the game cancelled

I swear Peter was always managing to get out of every tough situation he was put in.

——————————

After trying to get a better explanation from Doctor Fenris, Isaac and I left empty-handed

After trying to get a better explanation from Doctor Fenris, Isaac and I left empty-handed. As far as we could tell, he was basically clueless as to how Peter had escaped. All he could give us was that he thought maybe the fault in the electricity allowed him to escape his room.

We drove back to my house in silence, going inside and into the kitchen. I made up a couple of coffees, and I could feel Isaac's eyes on me.

"You used to hate coffee," he said quietly.

I finished pouring them quietly, before carrying them both into the lounge room and sitting them on the coffee table. Isaac and I sat side by side on the couch before I responded to him. "What am I going to do?"

"Keep living. What's changed?"

"Nothing," I said, standing up and running a hand through my hair roughly. "But that's just the point. Nothing has changed, Isaac. I still don't know any more about myself, and neither of my birth parents are here to tell me what I need to know!"

Isaac sat up a little straighter, keeping a calm demeanour. "I've lost my mum, brother and dad, and after that, I just felt so lost. I know it's not the same, but I do understand. And you know who helped me through that? Derek. The Pack. You."

I sat back down on the couch, taking a deep breath. "This just feels so much bigger than me. I need to know why he walked away."

"Why is this so important to you?" He asked quietly.

"Because no matter how much I sometimes hate the thought. . . he's still my father," I said softly.

"That I do understand."

With my elbows on my knees, my face fell into my hands. I hadn't been this honest with anyone about Peter - not even Stiles.

Maybe it was because Isaac knew less about Peter than the rest of my friends. Sure, we had told Isaac about what happened, but it was different. Stiles, Scott and Lydia had seen the murders and what he had done. They hadn't just heard about it or read it somewhere, they had been apart of it, each of them hurt by him in their own way.

I lifted my head so that I could speak again, but I wasn't able to make eye contact with Isaac. "He just left. He didn't even try to know me or be a father to me, and I just. . . I don't know why, but it hurts."

Isaac nodded in thought as he listened. "Didn't you say that in the memory your mum asked him to leave, though?"

"Yeah, she did," I confirmed. "I just want to know what his choice would have been if she didn't make him leave."

He put an arm around me, allowing me to lean into him. Even though Peter wasn't exactly paternal, part of me wished he had tried, or at least let me know that he existed. It felt like rejection.