78|decoys

There may be the start of a new story on my profile some of you might be interested in checking out x

——————————

"What are you talking about?" Charlotte asked angrily from the doorjamb of my bedroom

When I had gotten home I had gone to Iris first, explaining the situation to her. She was rightfully disappointed but didn't argue with me. Iris had lost a pack before, she wasn't about to let another one slip through her fingers.

After speaking to Iris, the woman had gone to begin packing while I found Charlotte. I told her everything that had happened including me being shot - which she wasn't happy about at all - to make sure that she understood the stakes. These people, even if they weren't seasoned hunters, they weren't messing around. They wanted all of us dead.

I sighed as I continued to shove clothes into my bag. "Char, we don't have a choice. I told you, they are massing an army, okay? If we don't go, they're just going to keep hunting us until they've killed us all."

She crossed her arms, thinking for a moment before finally nodding. "All right, then I'm coming with you."

"No," I said immediately, putting my bag down on my bed to face her. "You can't, okay?"

"And why not? You're my sister and Iris is my girlfriend, why would I not come with you?" Charlotte asked with her hands on her hips.

She had me there. How was I going to convince her to stay behind? Thinking quickly, I gave her the only answer I saw as logical.
"Because right now we just need to get away from the hunters without putting anyone in danger. We'll call as soon as we're in the clear, I promise."

Charlotte shook her head, "Riley, I can't just-"

"Yes, you can," Iris said from behind as she walked into my room, placing her bag on the ground. "I am going to look after her and once we're safe, you will be the first person I call. I swear to you."

Charlotte looked ready to argue again, but as Iris put her arms around her, it seemed to quell her anger. Her eyes were red as tears began to fall steadily, hugging Iris back.

I felt awful for putting my sister through this, but right now it had to be done. I was just glad that Iris was here; she had turned Charlotte around much faster than I would have been able to. Just like Stiles and I, they knew each other to a tee.

"I don't want either of you to leave. This is our home," Charlotte sobbed as she let go of Iris to come over and embrace me. "You shouldn't have to leave."

"We don't want to," I replied gently as I hugged her back, knowing that if I spoke any louder I would be in tears also.

"Don't think just because I'm letting you leave that I'm agreeing with this decision," she mumbled.