20|no big deal

I know the last scene was basically the same as how it happened in the show with Malia, but there was only so much I could change that dialogue.

Question of the Chapter: Do you think Stiles and Lydia would have stayed together after the show ended?

——————————

✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

✧・゚:*Riley*:・゚✧

It didn't take us long to get to the lake house, Stiles speeding along the roads where there were no traffic cameras. He was so lucky his dad was Sheriff, or he would've lost his license ten times over.

"Any updates?" Stiles asked as he drove.

I unlocked my phone and read through my messages. "Scott and Kira are with Derek and Braeden at the loft waiting for that attack. No word yet. Lydia and Malia are at the station still with Meredith, trying to get anything from her. Apparently she wanted to speak to Peter, so now he's there."

"Why does everything always seem to come back to Peter?" Stiles sighed with a small shake of his head.

Biting my lip, I felt a small sliver of shame travel through me. I knew that it wasn't my fault, but he was still my father when it came down to it.

"You okay?" Stiles asked.

"What do you mean?"

He pointed to the window of the jeep, "Well, the windows are closed, but it's windy in here, so. . ."

"Shit, sorry," I said quickly, reining in my ability.

"Don't be, I get why you're stressed. You've got a lot going on."

"I just really hope he didn't have anything to do with this," I admitted.

Stiles reached over and placed a hand on my leg. "I know. We're going to figure this out, alright? You and me and Scott, just like always."

I could tell he was trying to make me feel better, but I also knew he was just as agitated about this whole situation as I was. He was doing his best to hide it, but it was there.

When we pulled up at the lake house, I grabbed out the key that Lydia had lent to me and unlocked the door, leading Stiles to the study. When we shut the door to the sound proof room, I felt a chill travel down my spine. It was still so strange. It felt like the nothingness was echoing around the room - I couldn't explain the sensation.

Stiles went over and flicked the switch on the record player and we took a seat on the carpet in front of it as it began to spin. The record itself was practically blank, the only noise coming from it sounding like muffled whispers.

I wondered what Lydia heard when she listened to it.

We sat there listening in silence for almost twenty minutes, when Stiles stood up and threw his hands in the air in frustration.
"What are we doing? This room wasn't even made for us. We need someone like Lydia or Meredith, and we're just sitting here listening to a stupid record player play a record that doesn't play anything. Come on," he said as he turned the player off. "There's plenty of other things we can be totally useless doing."